• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Official OGBoards Running (and Cycling) Thread: (Insert Season Here)

Ha. I saw your workout times. You'd need to add about 20 seconds/mile to be "in the neighborhood" of my easy pace and that's on the end of the neighborhood I rarely see. Certainly not recently. Looks like you had a fantastic workout though. Congrats! You're going to crush that half.

well i ran a bit faster than expected. i credit the good weather with that. but you know you could still handle that pace with ease! my race pace will always be slower than your easy run pace :)

hoops, what's your goal time for the half?

also, looking at race pics, i am the opposite of ridiculously photogenic runner guy. yikes.

i have three months more of training, and it'll somewhat depend on how the training goes and whether or not it's realistic once december rolls around. but ideally, i'd love to be sub-1:32.

i want to do one again and actually train for it instead of tacking it on the end of a season and letting general fitness carry me through.

i enjoy half training. i think it's probably the best distance for me. anything shorter is just too short (speed isn't my strong point. endurance is my strong point), and anything longer just takes such a big time commitment. at least for right now, the half distance is my sweet spot.

i enjoy half training. i think it's probably the best distance for me. anything shorter is just too short (speed isn't my strong point. endurance is my strong point), and anything longer just takes such a big time commitment. at least for right now, the half distance is my sweet spot.

that's kind of how i feel about the 70.3 distance. i want to complete a full 140.6 at some point, but i feel good about 70.3 and my ability to, at some point, be competitive with it.

They're kinda plain IMHO. Here's what I'm wearing. They're not as subdued in person.

gBNqM27.jpg

i used to wear these:
631528986_tp.jpg

they were my absolute favorites.

now i alternate w/ the asics linked above and these:
altra-3-sum-w_grande.jpg

Mine are just as bold as yalls, but I really like them.

pDSP1-14374161p275w.jpg

Yeah I'm also IN on bright shoes. The two I'm currently rocking are Green/Yellow Pearl's and some Burnt Orange (Hook'em) looking Newton's.

fwiw it wasn't the colors I didn't like on those shoes, they just looked weirdly proportioned. I like colorful shoes to an extent, though there are a few that are too much for my tastes. but still a bit better than plain white/gray/black options.

asics-gel-noosa-tri-6-7.jpg

fwiw it wasn't the colors I didn't like on those shoes, they just looked weirdly proportioned. I like colorful shoes to an extent, though there are a few that are too much for my tastes. but still a bit better than plain white/gray/black options.

oh man, the gel noosas are AWESOME. if they didn't have a ridiculous drop (12mm, i think?) i would totally rock them.

Those are awesome.

Had a pretty solid 34/6 brick this week. The 70.3 looms....

Holy crap, that's awesome.

And I'll second girls having cooler color options.

Do any of you guys do Charity Miles? Started following them on twitter by suggestion and just downloaded the app. They apparently donate 10 cents for every mile biked, and 25 cents for every mile ran or walked, to the charity of your choice. They track them through an app on your phone.

The charity I decided to go with was Feeding America, but they have a lot of great options. If you use your phone to run with I highly suggest looking into it.

Back