• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Parenting Thread

Even if he laughed maniacally the whole time.

The best is how your kid is basically luggage for the first 6 months or whatever, so you can still go out to dinner even at nicer places, then there's always that first time when they become sentient and you didn't know it yet and they freak the fuck out and it's the most stressful thing ever and that's when you realize you will never eat out again.

The best is how your kid is basically luggage for the first 6 months or whatever, so you can still go out to dinner even at nicer places, then there's always that first time when they become sentient and you didn't know it yet and they freak the fuck out and it's the most stressful thing ever and that's when you realize you will never eat out again.

Lol. I said this earlier to awar: "Do you remember those times we just brought Squirrel in a car seat to the restaurant?" That seems so far away, and our son isn't even two yet.

Lol. I said this earlier to awar: "Do you remember those times we just brought Squirrel in a car seat to the restaurant?" That seems so far away, and our son isn't even two yet.

Oh man. My wife and I still talk about the time we took our oldest to a nice restaurant in the car seat sat him in the booth and had a great time. That was amazing. I tell anybody with one infant to max it out.

That same child had a massive meltdown while leaving Busch Gardens tonight because I wouldn't let him touch something in a store. It took us 30 min to calm him down. He claimed he was upset because "Daddy hurt my feelings."

Say Hey, give me deets on this Japanese restaurant incident so I can feel better about my kid.

Say Hey may be asleep so I'll fill you in. Basically the boy at the age of 3 stood up after the chef made the onion volcano and took the bottle of oil or kerosene or whatever the flammable shit is and doused everyone in range. As the fire started to spread he yelled out KONICHIWA BITCHES! He said he was upset at the chef going straight to onion volcano without warming the crowd up with you like butter fly? Or at least look, egg roll.

We've exited the luggage stage and still try to eat out once a week (she's 1). We have this placemat with suction cups that we can stick to the table and feed her off our plates. I realize it'll get way worse very soon so we're trying to make dining out happen while we can.

41195d95adee53d26df11d7fb5667b18.jpg

As long as you make it clear to the child that they are expected to not make a scene in public (even at 1, you can do this) and you immediately take the child outside to quiet it if it does get unruly, going out to dinner shouldn't be a problem with a single child. Start them early, make them understand how to behave, and it makes a world of difference. I've got no idea how to handle multiple children, though. That seems crazy.

Say Hey may be asleep so I'll fill you in. Basically the boy at the age of 3 stood up after the chef made the onion volcano and took the bottle of oil or kerosene or whatever the flammable shit is and doused everyone in range. As the fire started to spread he yelled out KONICHIWA BITCHES! He said he was upset at the chef going straight to onion volcano without warming the crowd up with you like butter fly? Or at least look, egg roll.

You know this story is a fabrication because there is no reference to the Boy peeing somewhere inappropriate.

Coincidentally, I was recently thinking it would be interesting to take Boy to Kanki to see what he thinks. A premonition you have posted?

We had one terrible dining out experience with our oldest, but we just kept at it and that has been the only one for all three so far. Though p is still luggage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coincidentally, I was recently thinking it would be interesting to take Boy to Kanki to see what he thinks. A premonition you have posted?

Birdie was terrified of the big fire, Rambo thought it was the greatest thing he had ever seen. I'm thinking Boy will really dig it. Just make sure you hide your lighters/matches at the house cause I get the feeling he's got some inner-pyro in him.

Hubs and I are both traveling this week for work and Bug is at grandparents. I'm pretty sure she is not going to want to come home this weekend. She totally doesn't miss us at all.

c1e20df728e23d18cf631cfa77c80e1a.jpg

Anyone in a nanny share? This is a new thing for us, but seems like the best option with our move to Denver.

Specific questions:
-How does your nanny share manage time off for the nanny?
-How does your nanny share manage family vacations where one family is out of town, but the other still needs the nanny?
-How does your share manage activity money for the nanny to use with the kids?

Any experiences welcomed.

We have a share! But we did come into an established share that had been going for like 20 years in our neighborhood, so everything was pretty set.

We have 4 kids, which is on the high side, but is what our nanny prefers. And it's nice to have that interaction.

Nanny gets 2 weeks vacation per year plus all holidays. She lets us know vaca days well in advance. She also has sick days as needed but very rarely takes them.

Families take vacation whenever they want but continue to pay nanny while gone (basically pay her every week of he year whether she's out our we're out). Sometimes we've also been successful at planning concurrent vacations.

Our nanny doesn't drive the kids anywhere or take them to paid activities so no comment there. They mostly play at home, walk around the neighborhood, and go to the playground down the street (where they frequently meet up with her nanny friend and her kids)

We have a share! But we did come into an established share that had been going for like 20 years in our neighborhood, so everything was pretty set.

We have 4 kids, which is on the high side, but is what our nanny prefers. And it's nice to have that interaction.

Nanny gets 2 weeks vacation per year plus all holidays. She lets us know vaca days well in advance. She also has sick days as needed but very rarely takes them.

Families take vacation whenever they want but continue to pay nanny while gone (basically pay her every week of he year whether she's out our we're out). Sometimes we've also been successful at planning concurrent vacations.

Our nanny doesn't drive the kids anywhere or take them to paid activities so no comment there. They mostly play at home, walk around the neighborhood, and go to the playground down the street (where they frequently meet up with her nanny friend and her kids)

Just out of curiosity, is there a kid in your nanny share named Irene? Kinda like playing the "You went to Ohio State, did you know John Smith" game, but I know someone in that same setup that lives near you.

Anyone in a nanny share? This is a new thing for us, but seems like the best option with our move to Denver.

Specific questions:
-How does your nanny share manage time off for the nanny?
-How does your nanny share manage family vacations where one family is out of town, but the other still needs the nanny?
-How does your share manage activity money for the nanny to use with the kids?

Any experiences welcomed.

We had a nanny share for 3 years. Both families had its own contract with the nanny. Both gave 2 weeks paid vacation in addition to the standard holidays, along with sick leave that was rarely necessary.

She's a full-time, salaried employee. If family goes on vacation or if you decide to take a random day off and don't need her for that day, you still pay nanny. Ideally you would line up your family vacation when nanny goes on vacation.

Nanny kept mileage and log of expenses for activities (lunches out, museum tickets, etc). Would reimburse at end of every month, separate of course from salary (which is taxable).

Back