• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Parenting Thread

Knight 3 is in the oven. Will be fully baked on Dec. 6. Gender early next month.

Knight 2 is no longer larval, she toddles and gets around fairly well at this point.

Knight 1 flattened another 3 year old at soccer practice this Saturday. Crowd went wild with applause (which is kinda fucked up), because the kid he floored had been picking on the smaller 2.5 year olds.

COngrats, three is awesome. We're overwhelmed, but it's so great

Baby monitor question:

We are going from 1 daughter to 2 daughters sometime around May 24th. My wife insists upon a video monitor. We currently have the Infant Optics DXR-8. It has been fine... Has everything you could want and has lasted 2 years without completely falling apart. However, my wife wants a new monitor that can use 2 cameras with the 1 screen. Looking at the Samsung SEW-3043W, but feedback seems mixed. Also looking at Motorola, but feedback there is pretty terrible.

Just want something that she can view each kid with... It's really only used for nighttime and naps (to see when they have woken up, or to know if they are crying). Don't want/need the ability to view over WiFi. Big complaint about the Motorola seems to be range/interference.

Curious if anyone has a monitor they love (seems like most people just learn to live with what they have).

Motorola has worked fine for me in general. Make sure you don't overcharge the monitor. It would take a huge house to have that much of a problem with range or interference.

Baby monitor question:

We are going from 1 daughter to 2 daughters sometime around May 24th. My wife insists upon a video monitor. We currently have the Infant Optics DXR-8. It has been fine... Has everything you could want and has lasted 2 years without completely falling apart. However, my wife wants a new monitor that can use 2 cameras with the 1 screen. Looking at the Samsung SEW-3043W, but feedback seems mixed. Also looking at Motorola, but feedback there is pretty terrible.

Just want something that she can view each kid with... It's really only used for nighttime and naps (to see when they have woken up, or to know if they are crying). Don't want/need the ability to view over WiFi. Big complaint about the Motorola seems to be range/interference.

Curious if anyone has a monitor they love (seems like most people just learn to live with what they have).

we have the same monitor and pretty sure you can use it exactly for what you are talking about...

http://www.amazon.com/Infant-Optics..._UL160_SR156,160_&refRID=0BP30VN9G0WJDS4MZN58

We have a Motorola for one kid (lasted almost 3 years now and battery doesn't hold a charge anymore but otherwise works fine). But are also looking at a dual camera single monitor option for #2 come late August. I guess sticking with Motorola unless we get some good tips otherwise?

We had a Motorola monitor that had range issues and stopped working after about a year and a half. We've had better luck with the Samsung model we replaced it with.

we have the same monitor and pretty sure you can use it exactly for what you are talking about...

http://www.amazon.com/Infant-Optics..._UL160_SR156,160_&refRID=0BP30VN9G0WJDS4MZN58

Yeah, I saw that you can add a camera to that. I'll have to dive into the Amazon reviews and see how that has worked for people. Our main issue with this model is that the on/off button broke (it still works, but you have to really press it down and it will occasionally go on and off on its own). Also, wifi interference... in that it will beep and say "out of range" constantly when you are using wifi too close to it.

But would certainly be cheaper to just add a camera... Though the wife seems to want a new toy.

Welp, it's official

ee7b5d40e1b06bd4246b534bed752cb8.jpg

we bought this one and have been pretty happy with it so far:

Lorex Monitor

81c%2BfbT8g-L._SX425_.jpg

it uses radio instead of WiFi but the picture/night vision is surprisingly good. wife was a little worried about people hacking a WiFi capable unit :shrug:

Last edited:
Its too bad Obama wont let us live like the Europeans

165528_excellence_child_seat_concept.jpg

That would certainly make it easier when squirrel freaks out unless I'm holding his hand, requiring a contorted position from the front seat. Next we just need a steering wheel and the pedals back there.

Why are they so dressed up and taking the baby with them ?

Get a fucking babysitter you douchebags !

She was upset for a minute that we got rid of her "Deacon Car" (since the old car had a Deacon sticker on it - thanks to RTQ for hooking me up with some new ones for the van!)

But after about 2 minutes of crawling around inside, noting the large number of seats, and commenting that "this car is slippery" (old car had cloth seats), she said maybe the cutest thing she's ever said...

"Is there a Minnie on it? Since it's a minivan?"

13179167_10100504270953833_8954691810447669271_n.jpg

Teacher Appreciation Week update: I just went to the bank and got a stack of $10 bills to hand out tomorrow. Wife reports that for flower day today, kids indeed brought entire bouquets of flowers for each teacher, rather than just a flower or 2, which was our approach. There are like 22 kids in Boy's class, so hope those teachers own a lot of vases.

Back