• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Parenting Thread

Teacher Appreciation Week update: I just went to the bank and got a stack of $10 bills to hand out tomorrow. Wife reports that for flower day today, kids indeed brought entire bouquets of flowers for each teacher, rather than just a flower or 2, which was our approach. There are like 22 kids in Boy's class, so hope those teachers own a lot of vases.

Man, once you get out of Hayes-Barton, Raleigh starts to get weird.

can't wait to ask my buddy how many $10 bills he got for teacher appreciation day

lulz

in other news, my wife has a conference in Santa Fe in June and we're all going. Kid will be just over 2 months. Are we nuts?

can't wait to ask my buddy how many $10 bills he got for teacher appreciation day

lulz

in other news, my wife has a conference in Santa Fe in June and we're all going. Kid will be just over 2 months. Are we nuts?

No. My wife has a conference in Santa Fe next year and we're all going. Kids will be 4 and 7. That's nuts.

At least she should sleep the whole flight, especially if there is an empty seat on the plane and they allow you to carry on your car seat.

At least she should sleep the whole flight, especially if there is an empty seat on the plane and they allow you to carry on your car seat.

At two months they shouldn't even need the car seat for whole flight sleep.

we weren't going to bring the car seat; was going to rent one for the rental car since I'll just be on baby duty/roaming downtown the whole time.

I bring the car seat and stroller primarily for ease of getting around the airport, then gate check. Getting to potentially use the car seat on the plane is just icing on the cake.

Also, regular checking of car seats and strollers should be free and not the regular checked bag fee.

seems to be the case; we'll only have the rental car for a few days while there and the stroller that goes with the car seat is a battleship compared to the umbrella stroller.

but maybe a lack of a car seat could be a problem mid-week if there's any issue

seems to be the case; we'll only have the rental car for a few days while there and the stroller that goes with the car seat is a battleship compared to the umbrella stroller.

but maybe a lack of a car seat could be a problem mid-week if there's any issue

You should be able to get a generic universal frame stroller that fits with almost any car seat for like $40.

ETA: Like this thing - $52 but I'm sure you can find a generic one cheaper or used.

http://www.amazon.com/Baby-Trend-Universal-Infant-Carrier/dp/B00838BNK2

How have experiences with checking car seats been? Kind of worried about it getting banged up but won't be using it on the plane. We aren't renting a car at our destination but I have found some baby gear rental companies if we decide not to bring our own.

How have experiences with checking car seats been? Kind of worried about it getting banged up but won't be using it on the plane. We aren't renting a car at our destination but I have found some baby gear rental companies if we decide not to bring our own.
our infant seat has been on probably 10 flights and it's still fine (5 round trips)

we usually check the car seat and then gate check the umbrella stroller.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

our infant seat has been on probably 10 flights and it's still fine (5 round trips)

we usually check the car seat and then gate check the umbrella stroller.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Same here. Our infant car seat survived two kids and 10+ flights. We gate check the double stroller.

Would you feel differently about not an infant seat? He's under the weight limit for his but I think too tall for it.

Do you think you all could hold him the whole flight? Is it an expensive ticket?

We're definitely holding him-already didn't buy him a ticket. Mostly trying to figure out what to do once we get there since we aren't renting a car but will be driving around in HTTDs sister's.

Gotcha. You can check your car seat.

Back