• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The religious right's hypocrisy now on full display

Gov. Cooper and others call for more accountability for NC's school voucher program after Baptist preacher in Union County preaches that women who wear shorts instead of dresses or pants are to blame if they're raped: “If you dress like that and you get raped, and I’m on the jury, he’s going to go free," Leonard said from the pulpit. "You don’t like that, do you? I’m right, though. Because a man’s a man.” The backlash led him to apologize a few days later, but what concerns Cooper is that his church sponsors a private religious school - Tabernacle Christian School - that is largely funded by NC taxpayers via vouchers. The average student there gets $6,000 in vouchers, and over the past two years the school has gotten nearly $1.5 million in NC taxpayer money via vouchers. Lovely.

Last edited:
Vouchers a bad idea? Never would’ve thought.

Good, consistent position. My wife teaches public school, but I think even religious schools should get vouchers in 75 percent of the cost per student at public schools (economies of scale). Agree to disagree, but your point is valid.

Maybe you should have to pay taxes to get taxpayer money.

Are you saying poor people shouldn’t get Medicaid or access to public schools ?

But I will firmly state that voucher schools should not exist.

If I said that about Islamic schools, this board would go nuts.

What a weird out of touch post. You actually believe people are against vouchers only for Christian schools? Who have you seem make that argument? Jesus went on the cross so you don't have to. So get off it.

Are you saying poor people shouldn’t get Medicaid or access to public schools ?

But I will firmly state that voucher schools should not exist.
I knew someone would post this. I just wasn't sure who.

People pay taxes. Churches don't. The only reason poor people don't pay income taxes is they don't have enough money to do so.

I was responding to this quote:

"The two Christian schools here in my county give me the creeps. Seem lots of folks use it as a 'status' symbol, too."

It has nothing to do with vouchers, it specified a type of school that "give me the creeps."

Learn to read dickhead.

Fuck you if your birthday is March 31.

Easter is a real son of a bitch. Holiday has 0 consistency on the calendar. I've had it fall on my birthday which is late April and we've got it going 3/31 this year. Completely unacceptable and we've got to get some control over it.

I was responding to this quote:

"The two Christian schools here in my county give me the creeps. Seem lots of folks use it as a 'status' symbol, too."

It has nothing to do with vouchers, it specified a type of school that "give me the creeps."

Learn to read dickhead.
I did read, dickhead. First of all, your post was right after my post about vouchers.

Maybe you should have to pay taxes to get taxpayer money.

Then IAT responded to your post, also talking about vouchers.

Nope. I’m against vouchers for them as well.

Then get this. You responded to IAT with this in a way that clearly demonstrated you were continuing to talk about vouchers.

Good, consistent position. My wife teaches public school, but I think even religious schools should get vouchers in 75 percent of the cost per student at public schools (economies of scale). Agree to disagree, but your point is valid.

In the future, just quote the post you're responding to.

Liar. How do you support death to gays and death to trans regimes and come here and pretend to protect them. Are Americans killing these folks?

Well, go get your friend to tell me to pipe down again.

And get over yourself, not every post is about you.

I see that centerdeac has resumed his annual late-night angry drunk postings and rants. It's nice to know that there are some things you can count on each year.

No no no he’s not the racist drunk we all know him to be he’s just a simple centerdeac bringing up such clever commentary like trying to equate the protection of Palestinian lives as a gotcha to protection of trans people in the US.

One and a half tricks. You are a sad little man.

Also, good to see how well you take apologies.

Back