• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The religious right's hypocrisy now on full display

I’m sure you realize the date of Easter is based on the dates of Passover.
Western Easter is after the first full moon occurring on or after the vernal equinox. Eastern Easter is based on Passover and is May 5 this year. So, He is Rizzen, we're just not sure when it happened because Easter is a pagan holiday to celebrate Spring and the pagan spring Goddess Eostre.

So Trump peddles off blasphemist bibles and then post a a picture of a lynched Biden in the back of a truck…any feedback from the religious right? Is this what they back?

Yes. Getting rich by monetizing scripture and gaining power through violence are hallmarks of Christian history.

So Trump peddles off blasphemist bibles and then post a a picture of a lynched Biden in the back of a truck…any feedback from the religious right? Is this what they back?
Which one of them declared today Transgender Day of Visibility?

Which one of them declared today Transgender Day of Visibility?

3/31 has been Transgender Day of Visibility since 2009, so he didn’t really “declare” it. Truth matters!

So why does it bother you?

3/31 has been Transgender Day of Visibility since 2009, so he didn’t really “declare” it. Truth matters!

So why does it bother you?
Why does what bother me?

And do you know how presidential proclamations work?

Of course…it just happens to fall on the same date as Easter this year, who cares? Will you still be all broken up next year also. Just a hint, it will be on 3/31 again next year!

I don’t think Barca is complaining about the proclamation but making fun of those MAGATs who are.

that's next. we have really enjoyed this church (forest hill in charlotte) and historically it has been fairly progressive. We have a new lead pastor that seems to be steering us hard right though, and yesterday was the breaking point. I'm hoping to talk to the pastor and find out what he really believes and where we're going as a church.

after the service i went to ask one of the other pastors (who is a good friend) if the point was to thumb transgender visibility day and he didn't know. I then spoke to the chair of our council of elders who assured me that it was EXACTLY what I thought, and that Biden is completely godless. I was so angry I left in tears.

I don't take leaving a church lightly; I love my fellow believers and me bailing isn't going to change the direction of the church. But there will come a point at which I leave if this is the direction we are going; I refuse to be part of a church whose leaders believe that Trump is a Christian and Biden isn't, because that just isn't true.

Back