• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The religious right's hypocrisy now on full display

You won't find any of this. Jesus went out into the world, but he was not of it. Again, he loved us all as sinners, but he did not celebrate the sin. And yes that goes for lying, cheating, stealing, etc. You name it.

I'm just repeating basic Christian precepts and principles here.
How does someone write this today and have it not be explicitly anti-Trump?

What sin is a trans person committing?

Also, what part of living in Communion with disenfranchised minorities qualifies as being "of the world"? It's almost literally the opposite.

I just follow the Golden rule and treat everyone the same. That goes for everyone for all walks of life.

I think everyone would benefit from following this exact same principle. Even if they disagree with you on spiritual/religious principles.

It's also the reason, I rarely visit the Tunnels.
I believe that you truly believe you do this, but you quite clearly don't. People leave churches all the time for all kinds of reasons. Diggler has been pretty candid with his faith journey on the boards, and while I often disagree with him, I appreciate and respect his earnestness. The fact that he's troubled by his church not feeling like the community it was when it was very important to him is probably a perspective the Golden rule would lead you to meet with empathy and understanding. You chose a different path.

Also, what sin is a trans person committing? I'm generally curious what you think there, because if it's just "they are different, strange, and don't align with my experience" then I would recommend reading some more about that Jesus guy, he has some thoughts on that.

Probably stealing the significance of manhood or womenhood from the real men and women kind of like how gay marriage made real marriage less special.
Which scripture is that exactly?

Is it Galatians 3:28?

HAPPY EASTER TO ALL, INCLUDING CROOKED AND CORRUPT PROSECUTORS AND JUDGES THAT ARE DOING EVERYTHING POSSIBLE TO INTERFERE WITH THE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION OF 2024, AND PUT ME IN PRISON, INCLUDING THOSE MANY PEOPLE THAT I COMPLETELY & TOTALLY DESPISE BECAUSE THEY WANT TO DESTROY AMERICA, A NOW FAILING NATION, LIKE “DERANGED” JACK SMITH, WHO IS EVIL AND “SICK,” MRS. FANI “FAUNI” WADE, WHO SAID SHE HARDLY KNEW THE “SPECIAL” PROSECUTOR, ONLY TO FIND THAT HE SPENT YEARS “LOVING” HER, LONG BEFORE THE GEORGIA PERSECUTION OF PRESIDENT TRUMP BEGAN (AND THEREBY MAKING THE CASE AGAINST ME NULL, VOID, AND ILLEGAL!), AND LAZY ON VIOLENT CRIME ALVIN BRAGG WHO, WITH CROOKED JOE’S DOJ THUGS, UNFAIRLY WORKING IN THE D.A.’s OFFICE, ILLEGALLY INDICTED ME ON A CASE HE NEVER WANTED TO BRING AND VIRTUALLY ALL LEGAL SCHOLARS SAY IS A CASE THAT SHOULD NOT BE BROUGHT, IS BREAKING THE LAW IN DOING SO (POMERANTZ!), WAS TURNED DOWN BY ALL OTHER LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES, AND IS NOT A CRIME. HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE! -endorsed by Jesus!
And yet it's Biden who is the godless pagan anti-Christian "Satan worshipper" (according to the esteemed Senator Tuberville) and Trump who has been blessed by God with "supernatural powers" to destroy all of his and the Religious Right's enemies. Evangelicals have booked a permanent trip on the crazy train and there's no getting off.

I still have some questions/reservations on this issue which mostly concern medical treatment of children. I have no negative feelings towards the patients, just skepticism directed at the medical community.

Life is really hard no matter what your gender/sexual orientation and we should err on the side of allowing people their best chance of being happy when they aren't hurting anyone else. And if you belong to an organization that pushes an ideology contrary to that principle, you should probably leave. They aren't good people. And if you belong to an organization that pushes the idea that Trump is a Christian, you should probably leave that too. You're in a cult.

Again I ask, even by the most intolerant reading of Scripture, what sin is a trans person committing? Is it wearing gendered clothing? What does that even mean anymore? Is it the surgical act of changing one's genitals? Where does that put someone with a hysterectomy? What is the sin?

I just follow the Golden rule and treat everyone the same. That goes for everyone for all walks of life.

I think everyone would benefit from following this exact same principle. Even if they disagree with you on spiritual/religious principles.

It's also the reason, I rarely visit the Tunnels.
okay, i'll put away my sarcasm, because I believe you're trying to live according to this. Keep coming back to the Tunnels. There is an insistence on intellectual honesty, but that's the only real requirement for genuine discourse.

Also if someone lives by the Golden Rule, it's hard to understand what's offensive about 1 day out 365 folks say "you exist, we see you".

I assume that the dumb dumbs automatically associate trans with gay and that’s where the made up sin comes from. They don’t really want to brain break thinking of a trans male identifying as a gay female and then the gender sin is washed away.

I don't particularly understand what you are trying to say here when the conversation originated about Diggler choosing to stop supporting and potentially leave his church.

If some random guy that Diggler knows made an anti-trans joke, I'm pretty sure Diggler wouldn't react the same way than if it's his pastor saying it. There's a different standard there and rightfully so.

that's next. we have really enjoyed this church (forest hill in charlotte) and historically it has been fairly progressive. We have a new lead pastor that seems to be steering us hard right though, and yesterday was the breaking point. I'm hoping to talk to the pastor and find out what he really believes and where we're going as a church.

after the service i went to ask one of the other pastors (who is a good friend) if the point was to thumb transgender visibility day and he didn't know. I then spoke to the chair of our council of elders who assured me that it was EXACTLY what I thought, and that Biden is completely godless. I was so angry I left in tears.

I don't take leaving a church lightly; I love my fellow believers and me bailing isn't going to change the direction of the church. But there will come a point at which I leave if this is the direction we are going; I refuse to be part of a church whose leaders believe that Trump is a Christian and Biden isn't, because that just isn't true.
Well, I mean Biden is Catholic, so based upon their understanding, he is not technically Christian. I am not saying they are right, just that they are consistent.

I suggest you start Biblical readings much earlier, say in Genesis. He came to fulfill the law, not to completely do away with it.

Yes, Jesus was there for the downtrodden and wanted all to turn from sin to find salvation through following his footsteps. That's why I mentioned that he was what many today would consider to be an Orthodox Jew and was called "Rabbi" many times throughout the scriptures.

if you're trying to historicize reception of the NT here, nobody after the second century would have thought of Jesus as representative of a rabbinical tradition.

Also, what's the point of describing him as orthodox? You can't have orthodoxy until you have reform and that was like eighteen centuries after Jesus died. Like you say that to make him seem ascetic and traditional when it would have been utterly typical observation

HAPPY EASTER TO ALL, INCLUDING CROOKED AND CORRUPT PROSECUTORS AND JUDGES THAT ARE DOING EVERYTHING POSSIBLE TO INTERFERE WITH THE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION OF 2024, AND PUT ME IN PRISON, INCLUDING THOSE MANY PEOPLE THAT I COMPLETELY & TOTALLY DESPISE BECAUSE THEY WANT TO DESTROY AMERICA, A NOW FAILING NATION, LIKE “DERANGED” JACK SMITH, WHO IS EVIL AND “SICK,” MRS. FANI “FAUNI” WADE, WHO SAID SHE HARDLY KNEW THE “SPECIAL” PROSECUTOR, ONLY TO FIND THAT HE SPENT YEARS “LOVING” HER, LONG BEFORE THE GEORGIA PERSECUTION OF PRESIDENT TRUMP BEGAN (AND THEREBY MAKING THE CASE AGAINST ME NULL, VOID, AND ILLEGAL!), AND LAZY ON VIOLENT CRIME ALVIN BRAGG WHO, WITH CROOKED JOE’S DOJ THUGS, UNFAIRLY WORKING IN THE D.A.’s OFFICE, ILLEGALLY INDICTED ME ON A CASE HE NEVER WANTED TO BRING AND VIRTUALLY ALL LEGAL SCHOLARS SAY IS A CASE THAT SHOULD NOT BE BROUGHT, IS BREAKING THE LAW IN DOING SO (POMERANTZ!), WAS TURNED DOWN BY ALL OTHER LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES, AND IS NOT A CRIME. HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE! -endorsed by Jesus!
Thought this was a joke at first. It is, in fact, not (except the endorsed by Jesus part).

Back