• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Top NCAA Coaching Jobs

Louisville and Syracuse round out the top ten.

Then the big $$ athletic programs (Texas, Ohio State, Florida, and Michigan) are next up and then strong major conference programs like Wake, Georgia Tech, etc. JMO.

Insane to not have Louisville in the top 10, they might be top 4. They've got a brand new NBA level arena, $Texas resources from selling booze and Yum brands, great tradition, passionate fanbase, low academic standards, and now they're in the fucking ACC. Damn that's a good job.

My top 10:
1. UNC
2. UK
3. Kansas
4. Louisville
5. Indiana
6. Duke
7. Ohio State
8. Arizona
9. UCLA
10. Syracuse

Since Cal came to Kentucky I think they've overtaken UNC.

Since Cal came to Kentucky I think they've overtaken UNC.
Billy Gillispie showed us how quickly Kentucky can become irrelevant with a bad coach, and Cal won't be at UK forever. I think the ACC and especially the Duke rivalry could prop up Carolina for a long down period, where as Kentucky doesn't have those.

Billy Gillispie showed us how quickly Kentucky can become irrelevant with a bad coach, and Cal won't be at UK forever. I think the ACC and especially the Duke rivalry could prop up Carolina for a long down period, where as Kentucky doesn't have those.

UNC was not relevant when Matt Doherty was the coach. No program (KY, UNC, UCLA, etc) can thrive if the head man is not up to the job

UNC was not relevant when Matt Doherty was the coach. No program (KY, UNC, UCLA, etc) can thrive if the head man is not up to the job

Doherty's last couple recruiting classes were pretty damn good to not be relevant. I think that solidifies the quality if that job. You can go 8-20 and recruit a national championship roster.

I disagree. I think it showed how quickly Kentucky would do whatever it takes to stay on top. They didn't put up with Gillespie for too long.

Kentucky is more than just Calipari. It was Rupp to Hall to Sutton to Pitino to Smith to Gillespie to Calipari. With the one exception that's an impressive list of coaches. There is no reason to think that Gillespie was anything but an aberration.

Kentucky, UNC will always be one, two in no particular order. After that, let the discussion begin and continue.

Kentucky is #1 and UNC is a distant 2d. UConn is not top 10.

I don't get The Ohio State love either

Back