• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

This Crap Is As Bad As Caldwell

Even in Grobe's years before 2006 he was competitive, most of our games were close, we'll pulled a few upsets....now there's no emotion, no offensive philosophy that I see, and we've returned to the loser mindset from the 90's. Remember when Grobe first got here and all we heard was bitching from our opponents about cut blocks while we stuffed it down their asses week with a top 5 rushing attack? Everyone hated playing us. Now we're everyone's homecoming sacrificial lamb again.

We've had better than this in recent history and the fact that we're now expected to swallow this dog crap effort is complete shit.

No more money from me. No more Deacon Club memberships. No more season tickets. Nothing.

I live in Columbia SC and my wife went to South Carolina so our dollars will go there instead since they give a damn.

Well said (except the part about South Carolina)

What games this year did Grobe "out coach" the opponents coach? Prezbo- not really, too much of a talent imbalance. BC and ULM- no way. Army- not for the first 49 minutes. Clemson- He shouldn't have gotten off the bus. NCSU and Maryland- YES!!! Miami-That opening drive was the most impressive thing I have seen since the clincher vs UNC in '12. Syracuse- I guess his alarm clock never went off. FSU- Completely non-competitive. It's another November swoon for old Jim. If the schedule was reversed, who think we could beat Army and Prezbo now?

Duke actually held a big meeting of football alums and other stakeholders back in 2007 in response to our Orange Bowl bid. I think investing in facilities and Cutcliffe are the result of that meeting. We will know two weeks from now if Duke has officially passed us.

It's already happened. They are much better than us.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Duke actually held a big meeting of football alums and other stakeholders back in 2007 in response to our Orange Bowl bid. I think investing in facilities and Cutcliffe are the result of that meeting. We will know two weeks from now if Duke has officially passed us.

Which speaks volumes that it can be done when there are specific and defined goals.

We have no specific goals other than a smiling jackass of an AD stating that he just couldn't be happier. That's NOT a specific and well-defined goal.

Which speaks volumes that it can be done when there are specific and defined goals.

We have no specific goals other than a smiling jackass of an AD stating that he just couldn't be happier. That's NOT a specific and well-defined goal.

I thought the pursuit of happiness was THE goal?

I think Wellman is quietly happy about the Camp injury so he can add that to the list of excuses. Tough back end of the schedule, loss of best player. Just adds to the talking points at the end of the year. And don't forget all the true freshman that will be ready to take the next step next year.

The body language test confirms the standings. Dook has blown past Wake Forest in football.

The body language test confirms the standings. Dook has blown past Wake Forest in football.

Let's see what happens on the field 11/23. With the bye week maybe Grobe pulls out a win to go 5-7 (again).

ULM bowl dagger! Still unbelievable that our best player actually dropped the 2 point conversion to get us to OT and a likely win.:tear:

Let's see what happens on the field 11/23. With the bye week maybe Grobe pulls out a win to go 5-7 (again).

ULM bowl dagger! Still unbelievable that our best player actually dropped the 2 point conversion to get us to OT and a likely win.:tear:

Still unbelievable that we needed a miracle drive to win against a currently 5-5 Sunbelt team.

NO guarantee we win that one. Sure we rallied to beat MAryland in OT in '07. But we also lost a seemingly won game at BC in '09 after trailing by 14 with 5 minutes left.

The story of the ULM game is that we lost. Not that we lost a heartbreaker by 2, but that we lost.

it's not as bad as caldwell, it's just close.

Back