• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tiger and Steve Williams are done

And so it begins...Steve Williams is not amused.

Link, courtesy of GeoffShackelford.com

"You could say I've wasted the last two years of my life. I've stuck with Tiger and been incredibly loyal. I'm not disappointed I've been fired -- that's part of the job -- but the timing is extraordinary."

"I wouldn't ditch someone when the chips are down. I've stuck by Tiger and put myself and my family in a difficult position.

Continue reading the main story
I wouldn't ditch someone when the chips are down
Caddie Steve Williams
"I'm a very big stickler for loyalty and I stuck with Tiger through his difficult period when a lot of people thought I should have left his side.

"My name should have been cleared immediately," Williams said. "It wasn't and that's what makes it even more disappointing what's transpired [recently]." He indicated that the revelation of Woods' transgressions set off what he called "the most difficult period of my life," and his decision to stick by Woods met with considerable criticism from friends.

"I, along with a lot of people, lost a lot of respect for Tiger and I pointed out before his return at the Masters at Augusta in 2010 that he had to earn back my respect," Williams said. "Through time I hope he can gain my respect back. He definitely needs to earn my respect again, that's for sure."

Cowherd made some great points against Williams' position this morning. Dude's made a nice sum of money and I'm sure he still made money from the tournaments Tiger has played in the last two years, not to mention all the money he made before. He doesn't have much to complain about here. I bet every caddie on tour would love to be on the bag for the #1 golfer as long as he was.

who know the arrangement, but if he wasn't getting paid to wait on tiger's bag, or had some discusion on loyalty, then of course he should be out there working. good grief.

Tiger's value is his image, especially now. I don't know who's advising him but it makes you wonder if he's headed off the deep end.

This is just two assholes being assholes.

Stevie Williams potential career earnings just plummeted. He had the greatest job of any caddy in history. Respect, his family, his name, blah, blah, blah, that's all bullshit. Stevie is a total dick and everyone knows it. He's pissed he got dropped, and rightfully so perhaps, but this is about money and about his desire to be more than a caddy. He's taken sponsorships and gotten all kinds of fame and perks for being a small part of Tiger's success. Of course he's pissed.

Tiger's an asshole who's starting over. He's just purging all his crap, everything that led to his fall, and taking time to get completely healthy before he starts the 2nd half of his career. Knee and achilles are so overblown - guys with beer guts and peg legs can shoot under par. He'll probably never dominate again, but he'll win tournaments. And Stevie knows it.

This was always going to happen. Both guys are assholes.

Good summary.

60290363-21025623-400225.jpeg

If Tiger dumped Stevie because he was pissed that Stevie was looping for someone else, that is irony of the highest degree!

Back