• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tiger's back - next week at Bridgestone.

Yeah, I thought the whole interview was a bit awkward. Williams talking about believing in himself, how he knew he could do it, that he was nervous.....I am not saying that caddies don't provide a valuable service to golfers, but it isn't like he was standing over the ball and hitting it. Would be akin to them interviewing the tire crew in NASCAR I guess. Part of the team, but you only really notice them when they really suck at their job.

Exactly. He actually said he (Steve) is a pretty good front runner, that he's comfortable in the lead. Huh? How many golf shots has he hit on the PGA Tour?

Fowler is awesome. Such a shame that he's not even in the discussion for the President's Cup. Maybe Greg will make him a Captain's Choice, but I get the feeling he'll skip right over him.

greg? you mean freddie, right? I would rather have Fowler on the team than Tiger, but Freddie has already said Tiger is in. He may live to regret that decision.

"Stevie" is a blowhard. He and Tiger deserved each other, as they both seem to be pricks. Good for Scott though, it's good to see players reach their potential.

greg? you mean freddie, right? I would rather have Fowler on the team than Tiger, but Freddie has already said Tiger is in. He may live to regret that decision.

It would be nice to see Fowler win something....anything.

Did you guys see that inspirational, awe inspiring, heroic 34 Tiger shot on the back nine? Greatest come back ever!

Can't stand Fowler's ridiculous outfits. Which is why I'm not a big fan - though I don't necessarily dislike him. Kinda the same way I feel about Poulter, except he's not the jerk that Poulter is.

I just saw the entirety of Stevie's comments on TV this a.m. Simply wow. Stevie needs to be TDO'd for his delusions. It wasn't "it was nice to be part of 145 wins", it was "I won 145". And how about giving your boss, who actually hit all the shots, a modicum of credit for actually winning the tourney? Scott handled it about as well as he could have, but if I were him, I'd be telling him to STFU from now on or he'll be looking for another bag. And I can't believe the idiotic fans chanting "Stevie" on the 18th.

Can't stand Fowler's ridiculous outfits. Which is why I'm not a big fan - though I don't necessarily dislike him. Kinda the same way I feel about Poulter, except he's not the jerk that Poulter is.

I just saw the entirety of Stevie's comments on TV this a.m. Simply wow. Stevie needs to be TDO'd for his delusions. It wasn't "it was nice to be part of 145 wins", it was "I won 145". And how about giving your boss, who actually hit all the shots, a modicum of credit for actually winning the tourney? Scott handled it about as well as he could have, but if I were him, I'd be telling him to STFU from now on or he'll be looking for another bag. And I can't believe the idiotic fans chanting "Stevie" on the 18th.

i like you as a poster, but disagree with basically everything you said.

ETA - not everything. agree that poulter is a cock.

The new story is over the timeline on when Tiger fired Stevie. Woods has claimed he flew to the AT&T up in Philly so he could do it face to face. Williams claims Tiger fired him over the phone.

Not sure if I should believe the pathological liar, or the narcissist on this one.

The new story is over the timeline on when Tiger fired Stevie. Woods has claimed he flew to the AT&T up in Philly so he could do it face to face. Williams claims Tiger fired him over the phone.

Not sure if I should believe the pathological liar, or the narcissist on this one.

Steve Williams quote after Tiger fired him.
I(Tim Rosaforte) talked to Williams Wednesday night and he used the term "very disappointed" to describe the timing of his release, although he was praiseworthy of Woods for handling it "man to man."

I like Adam Scott, I hate that I will be cheering against him now.

The two reasons I always cheered against Tiger:
#1 Stevie Williams
#2 The Media promoting him more than all other players combined. Before this weekend I was saying how the tour needed Tiger back, and after one tournament when he was never close to being in the hunt, but yet got more press than the winner, I am ready for him to blow the other knee out, or take a long hiatus from the tour.

I like Adam Scott, I hate that I will be cheering against him now.

The two reasons I always cheered against Tiger:
#1 Stevie Williams
#2 The Media promoting him more than all other players combined. Before this weekend I was saying how the tour needed Tiger back, and after one tournament when he was never close to being in the hunt, but yet got more press than the winner, I am ready for him to blow the other knee out, or take a long hiatus from the tour.

Yeah. I understand the Woods hate. I am a slightly more than casual PGA tour fan. I wish the media would help promote all of the good young talent out there. In my mind, the PGA tour is as competitive as it has ever been. DJ, Watney, Kuchar, Fowler, Simpson, and Haas all have lots of game. The international guys are also solid - Donald, McIlroy, Scott, Day. Even if Tiger never returns to form, the future of the PGA is bright.

Did you guys see that inspirational, awe inspiring, heroic 34 Tiger shot on the back nine? Greatest come back ever!

Of course we saw it, seeing as they showed every freaking one of his shots, despite the fact he was double digits out of the lead.

Can't stand Fowler's ridiculous outfits.

The first few times I saw Fowler were on Sunday, when he wore the orange head to toe. Thought it was pretty cool that he represented his college like that. Very few of his other outfits are as bad as the Okie State orange, so I'm cool with them, though I think the flat bill hats are stupid.

He seems well liked by other tour players and gives good interviews...I'm a fan.

simos, I think the Greg/Freddy thing was a joke on a poster who earlier said Fowler was his favorite foreign golfer (he later said he meant Jason Day).

QC, he wears that neon orange, kinda like the Vols' unis. And his other outfits are all very bright colors. He was wearing a bright as the sun yellow shirt Saturday and bright blue pants. Every time I see him he looks ridiculous. And yeah, the hats are just plain stupid looking. And while it's nice to support one's alma mater, would you want to see Bill Haas wearing neon gold shoes, pants, shirt and hat? But the kid has game, and it would be good for the US if some of our young guns could catch up to Ireland's, Australia's and RSA's young guns. Though I do think Rory, Charl, Louis and Jason come across a bit better (I'm becoming a big Jason Day fan too).

Was looking for a picture of Webb wearing yellow and black (he's done it in the past and it looked good) and I stumbled across this
simpson_wilson.jpg

Oh and Bill would never wear a neon gold hat. :)

heritage_hat_haas.jpg

Fowler's outfits are definitely over the top, but so is his hair and BMX background. His style is different than most golfers, which I think is a good thing, regardless how weird he may look on occasion.

Back