• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2015/16 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Bleek performance tonight by the boys, not sure what's wrong with us but we seem to be out of ideas

ALEXIS!

Ref missed a handball against Soton in the box, so Ramsey crossed it to Alexis who put it home.

We would be out of the CL and bottom half of the table without him. Please stay healthy.

[h=1]Liverpool FC confirm Anfield stadium expansion set to begin in the New Year[/h]http://www.clickliverpool.com/sport/liverpool-fc-news/1221826-liverpool-fc-confirm-anfield-stadium-expansion-set-to-begin-in-the-new-year.html

I like the retractable roof.

B4BjaFkIEAAVYFM.jpg

Congratulations Mario! You figured out how to put on the bib/penny!
Now, let's start figuring out that shorts situation...

B4BoriTCEAAbyyq.jpg

Dave Whelan... are you FUCKING KIDDING ME?!?!

Whelan said: “I apologise profusely to anyone who has taken offence because I would never offend the Jewish community under any circumstances.
“I have nothing but respect for them. They’re hard-working people, they’re honest people. They fight for what they believe in.
“There’s nobody could knock the Jewish community. For them to accuse me of that, it hurts me a lot.
“Never have I made anti-Jewish comments.
“We have always, always respected what the Jewish people did, especially through the war.
“We’ve always respected how those Jewish [people] stood up to every single thing they were put through, torture, horrendous.
“And I have nothing but the highest regard and respect for the Jewish people.”

Oh, ok, I mean, that's pretty good as far as non-apology apologies go. "Sorry if I caused offense" isn't an apology.

But stop there and we will be OK. Dave...Dave...what are you doing, Dave? Are you about to talk again?

Whelan's apology may yet be taken in mitigation when a Football Association's disciplinary tribunal hears his case into the original comments. Whelan's original newspaper interview also saw him refer to Chinese people as "chinks". He subsequently told Telegraph Sport he did not consider that to be an offensive term.
In the interview with the Jewish Telegraph, Whelan sought to clarify his position.
He said: “When I was growing up we used to call the Chinese ‘chingalings’.
“We weren’t being disrespected (sic). We used to say, ‘we’re going to eat in chingalings’."

NAILED IT!

"chingalings" "CHINGALINGS" ?!?!!?

Holy shit. Just die already, old man.

Wait, he's not done?!

“I wouldn’t like to mention any one of them. “Please take it I have a lot of Jewish friends.
“I bet there are a dozen who have got apartments in Majorca, where I am.
“And so many Jewish people go to Barbados at Christmas. That’s when I go. I see a lot of them in the Lone Star, in restaurants. I play golf with a few of them.
“I don’t want to mention any particular names because I don’t want to pull their names into it.
“It would be unfair of me because they are good friends. They may object to me putting them in a newspaper or in publicity or whatever.”

Facepalm

haha. senility ftw

I would be disappointed if Balotelli gets more than a fine for his silly instagram picture.

Any other Verizon Fios users on here? It seems like every other provider has every game available, but Fios doesn't. Am I missing something?

haha. senility ftw

I would be disappointed if Balotelli gets more than a fine for his silly instagram picture.

Yeah, Balo's seemed like an innocent mistake and he pretty much apologized immediately, right?

Oh Whelan. Wigan were always such a likeable club. Hard to think of them that way anymore

21 year old goalie making his first appearance for Newcastle...against Chelski...trial by fire.

21 year old goalie making his first appearance for Newcastle...against Chelski...trial by fire.

I swear, wearing the black and white is hazardous to your health. You'd think we were playing American football with how many we have had injured.

Doubt Newcastle can bunker up for 20 minutes of this attack.

Back