• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2015/16 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Rumor is that Everton will desperately try to loan Januzaj next month. I don't think I would mind that considering Adnan isn't getting much run at United and that doesn't look like changing with the current formation preference of LvG.

I'd love that. We have one creative fit central player now and teams just press and double Barkley. That pairing would be nice. Osman and Pienaar and Eto'o are so out of form right now.

Adnan's natural position is the #10, but is also good out wide on either flank. Januzaj - Barkley - Miralles would be a good attacking 3 behind a striker.

How many points does winning possession get you? As an Arsenal fan, I know all too well it doesn't.

Come on 09, Corzola dominated you all today.

Arsenal had far more possession in the second than they did in the first half, and Cazorla gave your guys fits.

It was an interesting game, very happy to sneak away with a win. I was fully prepped for a loss or tie today.

I never said that we deserved to win, or that we should have won based on our domination of possession. All I've said is that Cazorla wasn't the player that gave us fits, it was Sanchez and Oxlade-Chamberlain. He was lucky to get the bounce that led to the bad Reid tackle and penalty.

Chelsea and City dropping points make United not scoring in the first half today even tougher of a pill to swallow. I didn't see the 2nd half, so I don't know if we bossed that one as well or not.

Spurs won the second half but didn't create as many chances. Looked strong though. Harry Kane is a golden god.

I was just able to watch since I've been stricken with the flu or something. Good, entertaining draw.

I'LL JUDGE THE SECOND HALF LATER, BRAH

(by the stats, what you said is true... except the Harry Kane part. Paddy McNair had him in his pocket in the first half -- Kane never got a sniff except when McNair made one error about 10 minutes in and an offside header towards the end of the half

(by the stats, what you said is true... except the Harry Kane part. Paddy McNair had him in his pocket in the first half -- Kane never got a sniff except when McNair made one error about 10 minutes in and an offside header towards the end of the half

United looked exhausted in the 2nd half.

Kane created the best chance of the second half, dribbling at the defense for 15-20 yards or so and then setting Mason up with a beautiful through pass. Mason of course wasted the chance by shooting over the goal.

Lots of smoke that Pardew is off to Crystal Palace after being told there is no money to spend in January and Sissoko will be sold. Part of me is happy happy joy joy and part of me is dreading who Ashley is going to be able to hire if those conditions are actually true.

Lots of smoke that Pardew is off to Crystal Palace after being told there is no money to spend in January and Sissoko will be sold. Part of me is happy happy joy joy and part of me is dreading who Ashley is going to be able to hire if those conditions are actually true.

33849_news.jpg

Papiss Cisse charged with violent conduct because of his attack on Seamus Coleman

I don't have a ton of faith that Liverpool will take advantage of this but its next six league games are Swansea (today), Leicester, Sunderland, Villa, West Ham and Everton. If they're going to seriously challenge for the top 4, you would think that they would have to string some wins together in this window.

Liverpool starting XI: Mignolet, Can, Skrtel, Sakho, Manquillo, Moreno, Lucas, Henderson, Lallana, Coutinho, Sterling
(3-4-3 with Henderson in Gerrard's spot and Can as one of the 3 in the back?)
•Liverpool subs: Toure, Gerrard, Lambert, Borini, Balotelli, Markovic, Ward

Swansea starting XI: Fabianski, Richards, Fernandez, Williams, Taylor, Britton, Shelvey, Dyer, Sigurdsson, Routledge, Bony
•Swansea subs XI: Ki, Emnes, Carroll, Gomis, Rangel, Tremmel, Bartley

Back