• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2023/24 Premier League Thread

Man Utd have breached the PL’s FFP rules, exceeding the allowed £105m loss over 3 years by more than double, recording a 3yr cumulative loss of £237m with their annual financial report today. Looking forward to hearing from the league.
I think you should watch out for whom you quote/paste Tweets from, Townie....

From SwissRamble:
1698338194802.jpeg

Interesting new initiative Spurs are starting this week in conjunction with club historians. In addition to their shirt number, each player will have a "legacy number" added to their kit, representing their chronological position in club history based on when they entered the pitch as a first team player. Kane was #767, Lloris #781, Sonny #805. Currently, the newest member is Alejandro Veliz, #879.

I think you should watch out for whom you quote/paste Tweets from, Townie....

From SwissRamble:
View attachment 6303
You know the red is bad right? They halved debts year over year but just paid FFP fines in the summer and their three year losses are still in fine territory.

What you’re quoting is just not an apples to apples comparison because Everton are currently being judged for the period 18/19-21/22.

But in that period, year ending 21/22, (from Swiss Ramble):

1698344887094.jpeg

It's really weird that Tottenham got a Monday USA 3PM game, and a Friday USA 3PM game in the same week.

Interesting new initiative Spurs are starting this week in conjunction with club historians. In addition to their shirt number, each player will have a "legacy number" added to their kit, representing their chronological position in club history based on when they entered the pitch as a first team player. Kane was #767, Lloris #781, Sonny #805. Currently, the newest member is Alejandro Veliz, #879.

that's very cool

I kinda think this year we’ll be more like 12-14 territory, though that might be wishful thinking. Creating a ton of chances.

He Ain’t Heavy, He’s My Brother gets me every time

This season is injury hell. Luckily the fixtures ease up a bit through November so we should be able to hold serve while Jesus is out, but our best front 3 have only started together twice in all competitions and it has shown.

They do it in cricket and it is p cool.

Don't think I was aware of this "high viz" ball the PL is now using during winter. Kind of odd to see them playing with a yellow ball.

Back