• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2023/24 Premier League Thread

Peter Drury is taking over from Martin Tyler on Sky, but will also still call NBC matches.

Tyler not retiring (he should) but gonna be on some other network being even more miserable, I guess.

Peter Drury is taking over from Martin Tyler on Sky, but will also still call NBC matches.

Tyler not retiring (he should) but gonna be on some other network being even more miserable, I guess.

When I first saw the Drury news I missed that he was staying at NBC also. Was very happy to see he’s doing both. Makes sense…both owned by Comcast

I am shocked that multi-club ownership is going to be used to cook the books and save a club from serious financial issues.

Ziyech, Mendy, and Koulibaly all being sold to Saudi teams
Gonna help out Chelsea's FFP numbers for sure.

What a grift

Ziyech, Mendy, and Koulibaly all being sold to Saudi teams
Gonna help out Chelsea's FFP numbers for sure.

What a grift
This might help in the short term but who is going to want to come to Chelsea, only to be discarded to the Saudi discount bin if they are deemed “too expensive” ? Their recruitment is going to start to dry up.

This might help in the short term but who is going to want to come to Chelsea, only to be discarded to the Saudi discount bin if they are deemed “too expensive” ? Their recruitment is going to start to dry up.
I could not disagree more.

Having an escape valve where you are likely to get paid more if you fail?

1687143546363.png SIGN ME UP

I could not disagree more.

Having an escape valve where you are likely to get paid more if you fail?

View attachment 3942 SIGN ME UP
True the wages are astronomical but you are stuck in the saudi league… limited exposure, got to be hot as hades, and a culture that isn’t particularly permissive of certain activities. Would it be worth it to a boatload of money if you had to live in a hellhole?

sure but it’s there if you do want it is the point

True the wages are astronomical but you are stuck in the saudi league… limited exposure, got to be hot as hades, and a culture that isn’t particularly permissive of certain activities. Would it be worth it to a boatload of money if you had to live in a hellhole?
ask Ruben Neves

The people the Saudis are paying are usually non-black men aged 25-40, they are not living in the hellhole parts of that hellhole

Something tells me if you are a mega-million footballer, any and all activities are available to you.

Seems pretty weird, though they're apparently bringing in Andoni Iraola, who is good, but still.

Forest and United in talks for the permanent transfer of Dean Henderson - looks like it will end up somewhere between 18 and 25 mil based on add-ons. Forest want him and he wants to join them and be the full time #1 so it likely makes enough sense to be completed in the next week or so, I'm guessing

oh this is a bit disappointing but glad that a sell-on clause is included because I think he's a big talent

Forest and United in talks for the permanent transfer of Dean Henderson - looks like it will end up somewhere between 18 and 25 mil based on add-ons. Forest want him and he wants to join them and be the full time #1 so it likely makes enough sense to be completed in the next week or so, I'm guessing
I’ve never been a big fan of de gea and thought Henderson would overtake him for the shirt. Good signing for forest.

Back