• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2023/24 Premier League Thread

Send Rat face off!!!!!
I love how you hate a club in decline from when you started to follow the league in the 2020s, yet support Man City and Liverpool.

I guess Chelsea's rise and fall was just too soon for you to hate them? Maybe you were just told to hate United because they were so good for pretty much 3 decades before you started to care about the Prem?

It's just fascinating to me that of all Premier League clubs you hate Man United and Arsenal (makes more sense given your choice of club, obviously).

I love how you hate a club in decline from when you started to follow the league in the 2020s, yet support Man City and Liverpool.

I guess Chelsea's rise and fall was just too soon for you to hate them? Maybe you were just told to hate United because they were so good for pretty much 3 decades before you started to care about the Prem?

It's just fascinating to me that of all Premier League clubs you hate Man United and Arsenal (makes more sense given your choice of club, obviously).
Arsenal is 100% because of the people on the board and the reactions to every little thing and the incessant whining.

United I’m sort of indifferent too…if you weren’t so omnipresent I’d probably not give them a second thought. 😊

Bruno Fernandes is objectively unlikeable unless he’s on your team…

Arsenal is 100% because of the people on the board and the reactions to every little thing and the incessant whining.

United I’m sort of indifferent too…if you weren’t so omnipresent I’d probably not give them a second thought. 😊

Bruno Fernandes is objectively unlikeable unless he’s on your team…
One person makes you think about an entire club?

I feel honored. Although, I can tell you with absolute certainty that I am not that important.

One person makes you think about an entire club?

I feel honored. Although, I can tell you with absolute certainty that I am not that important.
It’s not like I have an entire
Ecosystem of Premier League conversation. It’s pretty much this board…so yeah.
If Townie were as insufferable in his fandom as you I’d hate Everton.

This all stems from me calling out your ridiculous statement that Danjuma was going to score 10+ goals for Everton, doesn't it? I hurt your feelings over the summer and you haven't let it go over such an innocuous disagreement.

So whatever, Windy. I don't post to make you or anybody else happy. I am entitled to my opinions just like you, or anybody else, is entitled to theirs. I laugh at myself when I get it wrong. Some people elect to be the other guy and get weirdly (IMO) defensive if somebody pokes fun at them.

In any case, I'll keep posting my opinions the way I do because that is just how I talk football. And I'm not going to alter it to make someone feel better about themselves when they say something that I find completely ignorant like Danjuma will score 10+ goals for Everton. There was like a minimal liklihood of like 5% that that would have ever happened. He isn't a good player. He just isn't.

BTW, I'm also looking right that I didn't think Danjuma would even get 10 starts for Everton over the course of this season.

So if that makes you dislike the club that I happen to like, then so be it. But grow up.

That was some old school Man United magic. I have no illusions that it is sustainable but that match was a positive move in the direction the club should go. The players fought in the 2nd half for every 50/50 and won probably 75% or so of the 2nd balls (where a match is won, IMO).

From 2 goals behind at halftime that is clearly a massive 3 points. But I won't start to like, or believe in, these players until they can put in those sorts of performances week after week for a month or two. Gotta get another 3 at NF then take care of business in an "easy" FA Cup draw away at Wigan, who are down in 19th in the Division 1.

Last comment before I sign off for the night, I know I'll be missed!, you cannot watch that 2nd half and still believe that Bruno Fernandes isn't a captain quality player. He fought for every blade of grass and competed for every ball within sprinting distance from himself. He was everywhere and then he also turned provider once in possession.

I understand why people don't like him due to his competitiveness and whinging to the refs, but so many players do the exact same things. I think it is that Bruno isn't a tradtionaly attractive person that happens to play for Man United that factors into the dislike. It is easier to hate 'ugly' people than 'attractive' people, isn't it?

This all stems from me calling out your ridiculous statement that Danjuma was going to score 10+ goals for Everton, doesn't it? I hurt your feelings over the summer and you haven't let it go over such an innocuous disagreement.

So whatever, Windy. I don't post to make you or anybody else happy. I am entitled to my opinions just like you, or anybody else, is entitled to theirs. I laugh at myself when I get it wrong. Some people elect to be the other guy and get weirdly (IMO) defensive if somebody pokes fun at them.

In any case, I'll keep posting my opinions the way I do because that is just how I talk football. And I'm not going to alter it to make someone feel better about themselves when they say something that I find completely ignorant like Danjuma will score 10+ goals for Everton. There was like a minimal liklihood of like 5% that that would have ever happened. He isn't a good player. He just isn't.

BTW, I'm also looking right that I didn't think Danjuma would even get 10 starts for Everton over the course of this season.

So if that makes you dislike the club that I happen to like, then so be it. But grow up.
You had me disliking them well before that comment.

One could argue that you being this bothered by me disliking United because of you is JUST as bizarre as that being the reason I dislike United.

lol dv7 is objectively obnoxious
Lol what's great is that I've never once said I'm not obnoxious on the boards. I even say that in real life.
It humors me that people take this shit so seriously

edit - juiced out.

Last edited:
Lol what's great is that I've never once said I'm not obnoxious on the boards. I even say that in real life.
It humors me that people take this shit so seriously
This is why I don’t understand why me disliking United because you’re obnoxious on the boards bothers you. I’ve disliked teams for far less…

This is why I don’t understand why me disliking United because you’re obnoxious on the boards bothers you. I’ve disliked teams for far less…
It doesn't bother me but I find it humorous. Again, I'm not that important.

But if you've disliked other teams for far less than one person on one message board that isn't even dedicated to the sport in question?

name them. because that's a damn small reason, IMO.

Back