• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2023/24 Premier League Thread

Great match. Seemed like a dead set penalty on Doku at the end. Studs to the chest, even if he got a touch on the ball first. Draw seems fair though - glad a penalty like that didn't decide it.

Great match. Seemed like a dead set penalty on Doku at the end. Studs to the chest, even if he got a touch on the ball first. Draw seems fair though - glad a penalty like that didn't decide it.
We’ve seen straight red for less… but I’m happy with a draw. City vs arsenal next, so we are still on track

You hated Bruno when he was 14 yrs old?
I didn't remember him being that young, but it was my first encounter with him. I was living in Rio Maior, near Lisbon, and training at one of the Portuguese Olympic centers. He was an up and coming kid from Porto and people were talking about him. I don't even think he was an attacker back then; I remember him as a holding midfielder (my favorite position). I didn't see him play and saying I hated him then is certainly an exaggeration, but he's been on my radar since he was in the youth national team.

Kinda like I was talking shit (on these boards!) about Jordan Henderson after I saw him in his first season in the first team at Sunderland in 2008 or 2009. (a draw against my boys, I think, and a long train ride back to London)

I mean. Every team has their issues or moments with VAR. But, I’d certainly love to hear the commentary today with the Doku boot. And if the commentary which has been reported is “Doku got ball first,” we then move the VAR needle to what angles of the replays did they have at their disposal.

I didn't remember him being that young, but it was my first encounter with him. I was living in Rio Maior, near Lisbon, and training at one of the Portuguese Olympic centers. He was an up and coming kid from Porto and people were talking about him. I don't even think he was an attacker back then; I remember him as a holding midfielder (my favorite position). I didn't see him play and saying I hated him then is certainly an exaggeration, but he's been on my radar since he was in the youth national team.

Kinda like I was talking shit (on these boards!) about Jordan Henderson after I saw him in his first season in the first team at Sunderland in 2008 or 2009. (a draw against my boys, I think, and a long train ride back to London)
Bruno Fernandes has never been involved at Porto. Youth teams or not.

Are you thinking of somebody else?

That Doku incident was 100% a penalty for me, btw

Comical that it wasn't overturned.
Amazing how City gets so lucky with those calls. Isn't this like the 4th late penalty a City opponent has been denied this season? (I'm saying in jest, but it does feel like it's not the first time)

Bruno Fernandes has never been involved at Porto. Youth teams or not.

Are you thinking of somebody else?
Porto the city and region, not the club. (I was nearer Lisbon, the other major metropolitan area). Wikipedia says he was born in Maia and his club was Boavista, which I don't know anything about

In the middle of a prolonged and heated argument between DV7 and Phan, only one person can bring them together, even for a moment. Is there nothing that Jordan Henderson can't do?

Make a forward pass? I kid I kid. Happy with a draw from yesterday, no way Liverpool gets that penalty call that late in the game unless it's something really really bad.

Make a forward pass? I kid I kid. Happy with a draw from yesterday, no way Liverpool gets that penalty call that late in the game unless it's something really really bad.
Studs to the chest is pretty bad. I thought Oliver had a reasonably good game but it was a penalty.

Back