• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2023/24 Premier League Thread

I missed the potential red card but they've definitely been fortunate on the two VAR reviews.

for the record (I.e. oldgoldbeard) I want Arsenal to win and somehow take out City

but the notion that they’re targeted by VAR — or not a beneficiary of VAR in this game — is just ridiculous
No one is saying so

Likewise

sure you did — you complained about the lack of red card
I didn’t complain (or at least was not intending it to be, whether you believe me or not), I was just trying to note that on average, the VAR checks in the first half evened out. And it is 3 games in 4 with what I think (and what the non-Arsenal internet has agreed in each case) are red card tackles not being given. Again, I’m not suggesting it’s some anti-Arsenal bias, just that it was a missed call from VAR who recently have gone even further into “don’t overturn on-field” than earlier this season. For all teams, not just Arsenal. But Arsenal is who is playing right now.

And to preempt Windy, Mikel Arteta hasn’t said anything recently about missed VAR checks so you don’t have to waste any time googling UK news articles

Back