• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2023/24 Premier League Thread

Fuck it's nice to see joyful football again. Love Big Ange. It may not always work and this season should feature some growing pains but he's correct that these fans deserve to look forward to matches again. Especially after a few years of Conte and Mou.
Totally. First time in a while I’ve been excited to watch spurs games again. Not sure if they finish 4th or 14th but loving the team and effort. I went from my old self of saying “how can you not start Hojbjerg” to “holy hell Udogie and Bissouma (and Sarr etc)”

Just fun to watch again, hopefully Levy won’t fuck this up if they hit a rough patch…

Totally. First time in a while I’ve been excited to watch spurs games again. Not sure if they finish 4th or 14th but loving the team and effort. I went from my old self of saying “how can you not start Hojbjerg” to “holy hell Udogie and Bissouma (and Sarr etc)”

Just fun to watch again, hopefully Levy won’t fuck this up if they hit a rough patch…

And Udogie and Sarr are so young. They get to grow up in this system.

Early season overreaction: as currently constituted, United could finish outside the top 8. I know we haven’t seen Hojlund, but I think it’s unreasonable to think he’s gonna make a big enough impact at 20 years old to bridge a significant gap. Without another non-shit striker, there are no goals in this team when Rashford is at the 9. And DV7 may be right about Mount; so far he’s not working with Bruno. Just not much improvement this summer, when other clubs have absolutely gotten better.

I think EtH is a good manager, but his away record against top half sides from last season (plus Chelsea) is incredibly worrisome. Not a good start to this season.
  • 0-4 L at Brentford
  • 3-6 L at City
  • 1-1 D at Chelsea
  • 1-3 L at Villa
  • 2-1 W at Fulham
  • 2-3 L at Arsenal
  • 0-7 L at Liverpool
  • 2-2 D at Tottenham
  • 0-1 L at Brighton
  • 0-2 L at Newcastle
  • 0-2 L at Tottenham (23-24)

Yas, Bruno!

After the game, Fernandes told Stadium Astro: “You have to ask him (why it was not a penalty). They have to start doing interviews after the games so they can explain themselves.

“It’s a clear penalty. No excuse for not seeing that, not excuse for the VAR not seeing that. Last week, they made a big thing out of United not having a penalty given against us (during the game against Wolves), I want to see what’s going to happen this week, if there’s going to be the same show they did last week.

“I want to see if Jon Moss (the manager of the Premier League referees at governing body PGMOL) also comes to apologise to our dressing room, like they say they did to the manager of Wolves. I’ll be sitting here and they can come.”

ETA video of the quote. He is 100% right here

Last edited:
I think EtH is a good manager, but his away record against top half sides from last season (plus Chelsea) is incredibly worrisome. Not a good start to this season.
  • 0-4 L at Brentford
  • 3-6 L at City
  • 1-1 D at Chelsea
  • 1-3 L at Villa
  • 2-1 W at Fulham
  • 2-3 L at Arsenal
  • 0-7 L at Liverpool
  • 2-2 D at Tottenham
  • 0-1 L at Brighton
  • 0-2 L at Newcastle
  • 0-2 L at Tottenham (23-24)
EtH clearly better as a manager than Ole but so much was never made about this impressive run
f23e51dacad1800ccac9bc6dbcd315d2.jpg

Early season overreaction: as currently constituted, United could finish outside the top 8. I know we haven’t seen Hojlund, but I think it’s unreasonable to think he’s gonna make a big enough impact at 20 years old to bridge a significant gap. Without another non-shit striker, there are no goals in this team when Rashford is at the 9. And DV7 may be right about Mount; so far he’s not working with Bruno. Just not much improvement this summer, when other clubs have absolutely gotten better.
I left right after the first goal and Antony hitting the post and haven't had the chance to watch the rest of it yet

But from what I saw it was a better performance than Monday but the lack of a true goal scorer is going to be the anchor to our seasons hopes

Also, I hope Shaw gets skewered by EtH on film day for their first goal. I have no idea what he was doing or thinking there. Oof.

Yas, Bruno!

After the game, Fernandes told Stadium Astro: “You have to ask him (why it was not a penalty). They have to start doing interviews after the games so they can explain themselves.

“It’s a clear penalty. No excuse for not seeing that, not excuse for the VAR not seeing that. Last week, they made a big thing out of United not having a penalty given against us (during the game against Wolves), I want to see what’s going to happen this week, if there’s going to be the same show they did last week.

“I want to see if Jon Moss (the manager of the Premier League referees at governing body PGMOL) also comes to apologise to our dressing room, like they say they did to the manager of Wolves. I’ll be sitting here and they can come.”

ETA video of the quote. He is 100% right here

Or Bruno could have just scored from his header right on the six yard box. Or Antony his chance. Would have made it a different game.

Back