• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial Bundesliga Thread (NWT)

Pohjanpalo was on trial at Liverpool a few years ago. I remember people talking about him for a bit.

Watched RB Leipzig (my new team, I'm going full dark side) v. Dortmund yesterday -- Dortmund don't look like they have it together yet, but losing the players and personalities they did, it might take time. Two of Leipzig's new signings, Naby Keita from Salzburg and Oliver Burke from Nottingham Forrest, combined for the winner late. Decent match overall.

I also watched the first half of Mainz v. Hoffenheim. Mainz went up 4-1 so I turned it off, but Hoffenheim scored 3 in the last 20 minutes to draw. Despite the four goals given up, I like Hoffenheim's centerbacks, Sule and Schar, and will be interested to see how they get on this season, they have both been linked to some big clubs. Hoffenheim's coach Julian Naglesmann is 29, too, which is pretty crazy.

Just curious: has there ever been a forest, in the history of the Anglophone world, that was spelled "Forrest"? Why on earth does autocorrect always prefer it?

Jeez, I f-ed that one up, just heavy fingers on a Monday is my excuse, or brain fog. My b.

Just curious: has there ever been a forest, in the history of the Anglophone world, that was spelled "Forrest"? Why on earth does autocorrect always prefer it?

I imagine because it's not good at judging context, so if you're capitalizing it, the proper noun could just as easily be the guy's name usage as the place name usage.

It wasn't meant as a call out as much as curiosity about the way the internet works.

Townie, could be. Although off the top of my head i can only think of a single historically important Forrest, at least in America.

Yeah but again, it's not about historical importance or even context, autocorrect is just a naive algorithm.

Still, to your point, from Google n gram:

U4tWHB7.png

Vidal wins the ball back in a great place and Lewa ties it up with a solid chip.

Xabi with another great goal this year!

Pulisic with his first goal of the season for Dortmund. Minutes after setting up another goal with a nice darting run from the right side.

Happy early birthday Christian!

Whatever. My Lawn Ball Sport machine is coming after your Dortmund pretenders, buckets. Only a matter of time.

who is your squad CHUPE?

you guys remember like 2 yrs ago when dv7 swore that reus was leaving Dortmund

here's still here! and we're not that racist!

I'm a Lawn Ball Sport Leipzig fan, and have been for AT LEAST a couple of weeks now. Tuchel is a fucking teetotal dork/nerd who learned everything from Rangnick anyway, so you all should join me and the other Lawn Ballers, there's still room on the train. Forget those try hards with their loud colors and their borrowed songs.

Tuchel's like a bad combo of Spock and that dork dwarf from Big Bang Theory. NOT the one from Roseanne.

Back