• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial Soccer Transfer Thread (NWT)

Forgot to list him because I forgot he existed.

Possible Outs (I've seen all of these players rumored) -

Bridge
Adebayor
Santa Cruz
Adam Johnson
Tevez
Aguero
Dzeko
Super Mario
De Jong
Kolarov
Savic
Kolo Toure

Possible Ins (all rumored)

Hazard
Van Persie
Cavani
Gaitan
Lewandowski
Falcao
Sturridge
Javi Martinez
Rannochia
Belhande
Lavezzi
Bale
Llorente

Seems plausible. :squint:

I saw quotes today credited to Yaya's agent that Real Madrid, Barca and Juventus were all in for him. The agent didn't say a move was out of the question (why would he? get dat $$$$)

Of course, these could just be completely fabricated quotes.

I saw quotes today credited to Yaya's agent that Real Madrid, Barca and Juventus were all in for him. The agent didn't say a move was out of the question (why would he? get dat $$$$)

Of course, these could just be completely fabricated quotes.

Well, he is the best player in the EPL. So I'd think lots of folks would be in for him.

Oh, I forgot to mention that Ronaldo (not that fat one) is also rumored as a possible "In" for City. Hurray!!!

Nobody is gonna outspend Citeh. He'll only move if he accepts less cash.

That being said I love Yaya, he really is the best player in the PL. Would hate to see him go.

Possible Outs (I've seen all of these players rumored) -

Bridge
Adebayor
Santa Cruz
Adam Johnson
Tevez
Aguero
Dzeko
Super Mario
De Jong
Kolarov
Savic
Kolo Toure

Possible Ins (all rumored)

Hazard
Van Persie
Cavani
Gaitan
Lewandowski
Falcao
Sturridge
Javi Martinez
Rannochia
Belhande
Lavezzi
Bale
Llorente

Seems plausible. :squint:

This is just retarded.

Last summer Man United were linked with 74 different players in the papers. SEVENTY-FOUR!

I wonder if we get into triple digits this time?

c.ronaldo to City rumors are LOL-worthy after Real just won La Liga.

I mean with that list of rumors, we might as well link Fat Ronaldo to City too.

I realize some of it is unfounded media stuff, especially the "ins", but for a team that just won the title, the list of "outs" is absurd. And most of them will really be shopped around, though with their contracts it'll be difficult to cut even the dead weight.

Biggest issues for City will always be wages and their homegrown numbers.

Cue DeacMan ironically taking the side of the have-nots in the Fifa Fair Play debate.

Cue DeacMan ironically taking the side of the have-nots in the Fifa Fair Play debate.

Homegrowns will probably take care of themselves since the rule doesn't require them to actually come through the City system.

City has no issues with the homegrown numbers.

I think FFP as a whole is friggin' retarded as it is designed to protect the status quo. Right now we have City, Malaga and PSG all benefitting from people who want to invest in football. Baffling that this is viewed as a bad thing.

I agree with DeacMan that the FFP rules are complete bullshit.

And United have never outspent their means before so it isn't like United would benefit from FFP not existing.

Reading in the race for Junior Hoilett. Seems unlikely since Arse, Spurs and Bayern have been linked but apparently he is bois with Jason Roberts. And we are flush with new Russian cash ... though the takeover has not yet been quite 100% approved.

Would absolutely love it it if it happens

I think the "In" category for City might as well just be suspended for a while. They're going to be linked with literally any quality player that's been speculated with a transfer.

Linked with Pool
Luuk de Jong
Mohamed Diame
Rasmus Elm
Younès Belhanda

Offload Adam, Johnson, Kuyt and Maxi.

Leggo

If Bayern wins the CL and then Spurs keep Modric and Bale and go out and sign Vertonghen, Remy and some cheap cover at the fullback positions ... I'll run naked down Mariahilferstrasse and post video of it online.

OUT:

Chamakh (maybe. God please leave you big donkey.)
Arshavin
Vela
Bendtner
Denilson
Squillaci
Almunia (free)
Fabianski (free)

Wow. That is a shitty, shitty group of players. And they're all making a ton of money. 8 first teamers gone.

Already signed:

Podolski

Rumored:

M'Vila (Rennes)
Kagawa (weak rumors)
Matias Suarez (Anderlecht, Belgian POTY)
Hazard (not happening)
Dempsey (Fulham)
Vertonghen (Ajax)
Yanga-Mbiwa (Montpelier)

So as both a USMNT and Arsenal fan, do the Dempsey rumors excite you?

Back