• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial Soccer Transfer Thread (NWT)

Reading in the race for Junior Hoilett. Seems unlikely since Arse, Spurs and Bayern have been linked but apparently he is bois with Jason Roberts. And we are flush with new Russian cash ... though the takeover has not yet been quite 100% approved.

Would absolutely love it it if it happens

Assuming Reading play football that is fun to watch, wsc, they'll have a fan in me next season.

FFP rules are important. They will keep clubs from buying championships a la Citeh this year. They place more focus on developing players, coaching and playing style.

More emphasis on being a traditional big club and keeping those clubs in power, you mean

Assuming Reading play football that is fun to watch, wsc, they'll have a fan in me next season.

We should be pretty attack-oriented. Playing for draws isn't really in our manager's vocabulary ... we didn't have one for almost 5 months at one point this year and our bench almost always consists of more or less purely attacking options. May not be as cavalier as Norwich but you'll probably see a similar style out of the mighty Royals

More emphasis on being a traditional big club and keeping those clubs in power, you mean

Arsenal fans crying about FFP is hilarious. Just because your club is cheap as fuck doesn't mean everyone should have to play to those same standards. It isn't other clubs' fault that your board and manager lack true ambition.

Just like it isn't other clubs' fault that Manchester United is hamstrung by massive debts put on the club by some fucking ugly shitbag. Over 400 million pounds worth of debt paid off. 400 million. That would have been nice to reinvest in the squad, add on to Old Trafford even more, improve training facilities or help not fleece supporters trying to go to a match to watch. How United have been so successful despite what the Glazers have done to the club is just a testament to Sir Alex. It really is just remarkable.

Sheik Mansour wants to spend a shit load on his toy? Fine. Let him. He should be allowed. I'll mock it because City did nothing to deserve the new found riches they lucked into finding at their doorstep, but there should be no rule telling a rich owner what he can or cannot do to improve his club. It is simply preposterous to even suggest it and Platini is just showing what a true twat he really is by implementing such a stupid and anti-capitalistic system.

Last edited:
I know some guys here really like Lucas Moura. Tim Vickery, walking encyclopedia of South American football knowledge, said that whenever he goes to Europe Real Madrid is the definite favorite

That's the kid at Sao Paolo, right? So many clubs have been linked with him. I know I've seen at least a handful of stories about United in for him alone.

Kagawa's agent Thomas Kroth confirmed to Goal.com that the pair had flown to Manchester on Tuesday, before the Samurai Blue star returned to his homeland.
"I have not decided yet," Kagawa told reporters about his future following his meeting with the Red Devils manager, who watched him play in Saturday's 5-2 DFB-Pokal final victory over Bayern Munich.
Kagawa continued: "[Sir Alex] Ferguson gave me good words. Several clubs contacted me but I can not say which is the best.
"I want to choose the club where I can challenge. It would be good to play in the Premier League."
Meanwhile, Kagawa also spoke about leaving the German champions Dortmund who he said had provided great support from fans, coaches and team-mates alike.
"The supporters treat me as if I have been playing for some decade for them and I feel that they love me," he said.
"The coach, my team mates, everything was fantastic. The coach told me to come back when I want."

:noidea:

Neymar, Thiago silva, alba

Out: affellay, Adriano, possibly Tello and Cuenca, maybe Villa, Keita

Really?...I thought the plan was to bring those guys up to first team...are they wanting out?...what's the deal there?

I know some guys here really like Lucas Moura. Tim Vickery, walking encyclopedia of South American football knowledge, said that whenever he goes to Europe Real Madrid is the definite favorite

Dude is a BEAST in Fifa12 Career Mode...a midfield of Lucas, Wilshere, and Eriksen had me winning every trophy imaginable...all 3 get to 90+ by 24 yrs old

FFP gives the smaller clubs a chance to compete.

I could understand why the Manchester spend spend spend folks don't like it. It kills the way they "develop" their championship teams.

FFP gives the smaller clubs a chance to compete.

I could understand why the Manchester spend spend spend folks don't like it. It kills the way they "develop" their championship teams.

I think you need to read up on the FFP rules. You seem to be ignorant to what they really say.

As for your 2nd point... Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Sunderland, Aston Villa, Tottenham and Stoke have all spent more on net spending on average per season since 2006 than Manchester United. Spend spend spend? Again you are showing some major ignorance about what you speak.

Just because the money men at Arsenal rather sell off players and make a profit rather than actually win trophies, that doesn't mean everyone should be forced to doing the same. FFP is stupid.

Younes Belhanda has said that he is "unsure about his future" but "hopes to stay at Montpellier" next season.

I think you need to read up on the FFP rules. You seem to be ignorant to what they really say.

They will force clubs to spend within their means. This means no oil baron sheiks can come in and drive up the cost for other clubs by spending $400 million to buy a championship. Smaller clubs will be able to focus on player development and when they develop a great player, they can better afford to hold onto them or buy new players when they are sold. Today, they are just beholden to the highest bidder.

As for your 2nd point... Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Sunderland, Aston Villa, Tottenham and Stoke have all spent more on net spending on average per season since 2006 than Manchester United. Spend spend spend? Again you are showing some major ignorance about what you speak.

Just because the money men at Arsenal rather sell off players and make a profit rather than actually win trophies, that doesn't mean everyone should be forced to doing the same. FFP is stupid.

I was referring to both Manchester clubs, but you are right, I left out Chelsea, Liverpool and Tottenham - all of whom spent over $200 million between 2006 - 2011.

My side have spent $85 million, yet remain qualified for Champions League. Why? Because they develop players properly.

They will force clubs to spend within their means. This means no oil baron sheiks can come in and drive up the cost for other clubs by spending $400 million to buy a championship. Smaller clubs will be able to focus on player development and when they develop a great player, they can better afford to hold onto them or buy new players when they are sold. Today, they are just beholden to the highest bidder.

That is just code for "if you are a small club then you shall always remain a small club." Smaller clubs by definition won't bring in as much money as the big clubs, therefore the FFP puts a restriction on them for how much they can spend and therefore get better.

So now they develop players only to sell them off for profit? What is the point of that? To get a new young player and then sell him off for another profit? And so on and so forth?

Also, it sounds like the smaller clubs would still be "beholden to the highest bidder" in your scenario as well, as they couldn't afford to pay the wages that clubs that bring in more revenue could. Man United will always bring in more money than a Fulham. So they will always be allowed to spend more via FFP. So they will always have a competitive advantage over Fulham no matter if some rich dude bought Fulham or not. And that's bullshit.

Younes Belhanda has said that he is "unsure about his future" but "hopes to stay at Montpellier" next season.

Gay. He also went on to say that there's a 60% chance that he stays. That's fine with me. The fact that he's allowing himself to say there's a 40% chance he leaves is pretty interesting in the first place.

Watched a game of him in February against PSG I think and he was pretty impressive. Would love to pursue him.

Also for Lucas Moura, unless you're a Barca or Madrid fan, I don't think anybody can get their hopes up. Admittedly, I don't know much about the kid other than he's supposed to be big time and is a fucking G6 in FIFA 12.

Reading sign Garath McClearly from Forest on a free transfer. 25-year-old (as of yesterday, nice b'day present) winger really came of age last year, especially late in the season. Scored nine goals for Nottingham and was voted their player of the year.

Similar player to Hoilett so not sure we'll be getting him. Two starting wingers we've already got are pretty decent as well

Kagawa, who has a year remaining on his current deal, was in Manchester this week to negotiate a deal with United.
“It was good that I was able to meet him (Sir Alex Ferguson) in person and talk,” said Kagawa. “I want to think hard before making my decision. I want to choose a team where I can take on challenges.”

Seems like a done deal.

How many Dortmund players you think you'll end up getting dv?

Back