• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial Soccer Transfer Thread (NWT)

Oh, there's no question that United is putting a drag on themselves. It's not as big as you'd like to make it out to be (you're still spending nearly the same amount as City in wages, for example - and a huge part of that debt was on Red Football Venture Limited and you're making a leap of faith that the Glazers would have spent that on players for United and not another luxury yacht or something else if they didn't pay that off in 2010) ... but it's definitely there.

How in the fuck did our wages go up so much this season?

Neville, O'Shea, Brown, VDS, Obertan -- all off the books. Scholes, Diouf and Gibson off the books for 1/2 the season each.

Young, de Gea and Jones brought in and Rooney got the upgraded contract in the middle of last season, so add that in as extra as well.

I just don't see how that means we spent more on wages this season than last. That's amazing if true.

League winner bonuses, CL final bonuses, mandatory pay bumps and escalator clauses in backloaded contracts, etc ... that stuff all adds up.

You guys understand all of this in American sports, why not in footy?

I get all that, but even with all those bonuses and or pay raises, that shouldn't have a greater impact than losing 5 first team players' salaries for the full season and a further 3 for 1/2 a season each. That was a lot of money off the table.

O'Shea and Brown were both on over 50k/week when we sold them, for example. I'm sure Neville was on more than that.

Yaya to Spain love triangle is just about the only thing getting play this week.

Reports now that Man City are interested in M'Vila.

They don't even have scouts, do they? They just look at which other clubs are rumored with players and then decide they want them too.

Yeah it's not exactly the worst idea in the world to see who SAF and Wenger like

SAF needs to leak a story that he is in for the next Eric Djemba-Djemba or Kleberson then.

Well, it isn't like Mancini is going to sign Bebe or anything. He does have standards and stuff. ;o)

haha, I'm still convinced that was just a move to please Jorge Mendes and keep him in good favor. Mendes isn't Kia dirty, but he does seem to be an absolute prick.

Do you guys know a site that compiles players who have been released?

Would appreciate a story saying SAF is interested in Diaby, Arshavin, Almunia & Bendtner, but that Wenger really wants to keep them.

Back