• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial Soccer Transfer Thread (NWT)

3 midfielders on the move this summer? Or 3 that are better than Modric? The last one would be easier.

Kagawa is better. Hazard is better. I'd pick up Sahin at a cut rate over Modric's Levy-inflated price. All three are likely moving this summer.

Modric keeps the ball ticking. That's it. I don't think he'd offer Man U's midfield what they're looking for. Scholes and Carrick are already picking out long passes to the corners. Scholes is old as shit, so replacing him wouldn't hurt. But a CAM with a final ball and some decent shooting would probably be the better option.

The number of clearly fake "ITK!!!111!!!" accounts that are being retweeted to my timeline is infuriating. Apparently 2 medicals are scheduled at Bridgetown this weekend. Bridgetown is where United have prospective players undergo whatever tests before they sign them.

Micheal Owen passed his medical at Bridgetown. It is clearly very thorough.

So who leaves Tottenham and who does Chelsea add?

Seems like half of Chelsea's squad should be aging out soon.

Give me all your scotty parkers. Not that we need him, particularly, but because I love him.

Last edited:
Stoke's chairman drops a hint that they could be interested in bringing in Michael Owen on a free. But he isn't a giant playing striker...so confused.

PSG's offer is 25 million for Kaka. Can't see the club turning that down.

talkSport claiming that United are now the favorites to sign Hazard as he is unsure of the Chelsea manager position and what will happen there as well as not wanting to risk PT at City.

ETA: It seems that all 3 have had bids of just under 30 million accepted for him

Last edited:
Sounds like Torres might want away from Chelsea according to @GuillemBalague 's timeline:

Torres: It’s contradictory because I feel like I’m at a peak moment in my career, with more desire and hunger than I’ve felt in a long time
Torres: "but I’ve had to spend the final on the bench. It was a huge disappointment when I saw the line-up, perhaps the biggest in my life"
Torres: This season I have felt things that I never had before. I’ve felt like they treated me in a way that I didn’t expect...
Torres: ...not in the way that was spoken of when they signed me. We’ve had a lot of talks and we’ll talk about my future
Torres: ...because the role I’ve had this season is not for me, nor is it the one I expected to play when I came here. I’m not comfortable
Torres: I want them to tell me what is going to happen in the future. Football has been fair on us, on me.
Torres: Now I do feel like football is worth it but I’ve been through a difficult time. The worst in my career. Dont want that again
Torres: there’s been many times when I’ve felt lost, I wasn’t sure what to do. I felt like I didn’t know where I belonged.
Torres: I’m eternally grateful to my family who have been by my side and also for the support of the owners who have stuck by me.
Torres: And especially to the fans, if it hadn’t been for them this season I would have given up
Torres: I need the club to tell me what is going to happen and what sort of role I will have within the team, what my duties are...
Torres: ...what the club expects of me. And then judge whether it is worth it.

You were given a different role than you expected because you played like shit. How can you blame a coach when you've gone 25 appearances without a goal?

Yeah, Torres comes across with a horrible lack of self-awareness with those quotes. This is why I never felt sorry for the cunt when he was struggling. He is a total prick.

Back