• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial Soccer Transfer Thread (NWT)

There is going to be a squad shakeup with Lukaku and probably Stones leaving this summer. Funes Mori has a 20M price tag attached and apparently interest from bigger CL clubs and ManU. I also imagine Mirallas, McGeady, and hopefully McCarthy are all sent on their way.

We will probably need to get 5-7 new players, which we should have the funds for after selling Lukaku and Stones. I've currently seen us linked to Kavlak from Besitkas, Keane from Burnley, some young Italian goalie from Verona, and that Ukranian winger bro that we're never going to sign.

Why on earth would we want Henderson? Our central midfield is already loaded with better players and we've just signed Havard Nordtveit on a five-year contract from Borussia Moenchengladbach.

I don't think either of these two things will happen, but I'm just throwing shit out there, thinking of possible destinations. West Ham will have some more cash and most likely will have a few more games this year if they end up qualifying for Europa group stages. Henderson could be seen as a pretty big signing potentially, the captain of a rival domestic team and a full international/sometimes starter for England.

Central midfield loaded with better players is a bit of an overstatement, come on. Noble is the captain and will start. I like Kouyate, but will Song be resigned? Is he even reliable? I'm not a big fan, but Henderson is at the least the same level as those two. Plus, I imagine Bilic will want a better showing in Europe this year and you need bodies (though I think his *might* be breaking down). He doesn't play as advanced as Payet or Lanzini. Am I forgetting someone?

Nordtveit played a lot in central defense this year, though they were going with three in the back frequently. Have there been quotes of what Bilic has in store for him? I'm just thinking off the top of my head of potential destinations because I think he could be gone, but that's a long shot.

Last edited:
The thing for Spurs is that Lamela does all the things Lallana does, just better. I just don't see what adding a lesser duplicate would do.

Just gives you another option that won't be much of a drop off that the manager trusts. There would be times he could play with Lamela, too.

Anyway, bored at work thinking out loud dawgs.

I just think it's wishful thinking for liverpool to hope someone buys Lallana and/or Henderson. Problem is Brogers brought in to many of the same guy on this roster and now LFC might be stuck with a few of them until the contracts run dry. Not winning a European spot pretty much signals the end for those out of contract this summer (Toure, Allan, etc). Maybe they wouldn't have been retained even with European football, but there isn't enough games to need them now.

Some of the big shake up you foresee might come in the way of season long loans.

I just think it's wishful thinking for liverpool to hope someone buys Lallana and/or Henderson. Problem is Brogers brought in to many of the same guy on this roster and now LFC might be stuck with a few of them until the contracts run dry. Not winning a European spot pretty much signals the end for those out of contract this summer (Toure, Allan, etc). Maybe they wouldn't have been retained even with European football, but there isn't enough games to need them now.

Some of the big shake up you foresee might come in the way of season long loans.

Wishful thinking that someone will buy them or that someone will buy them for the value Liverpool puts on them? Because there are lots of teams that would happily buy an English player that is on the Euro roster.

Cesc was good then started to suck. Arda has always sucked.

We could've bought an actual striker tho instead of playing him as an average center forward.

Agree Arda just sucks I don't understand what the point of him is

We could've bought an actual striker tho instead of playing him as an average center forward.

Agree Arda just sucks I don't understand what the point of him is

Cesc was brought in with the thought of eventually replacing Xavi, but that didn't really work out

I like Arda alright -- Simeone loved him, but he thrived at Atletico in a completely different style and never scored as many goals as I thought he was capable of, but he worked for them. He was never threatening the front three of Barca, and I don't think he could be productive enough there in that system, but I thought he could spell Iniesta and/or Rakitic occasionally, because he can play a little deeper but link play some. Seemed like a weird signing, but maybe it was an agent/president handshake thing, or they went for who they thought would be cool chilling for half a season. I don't know. How much input does Enrique have? I bet they can offload him to China for a ton of money.

There is going to be a squad shakeup with Lukaku and probably Stones leaving this summer. Funes Mori has a 20M price tag attached and apparently interest from bigger CL clubs and ManU. I also imagine Mirallas, McGeady, and hopefully McCarthy are all sent on their way.

We will probably need to get 5-7 new players, which we should have the funds for after selling Lukaku and Stones. I've currently seen us linked to Kavlak from Besitkas, Keane from Burnley, some young Italian goalie from Verona, and that Ukranian winger bro that we're never going to sign.

Funes Mori?

He's shit just like Rojo

Losing Lukaku makes me very sad.

Back