• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial Soccer Transfer Thread (NWT)

Vad and ipity...any rumblings for Spurs this Summer?

Particularly potential losses. I don't do the twitter or read any Austrian magazines.

Vad and ipity...any rumblings for Spurs this Summer?

Particularly potential losses. I don't do the twitter or read any Austrian magazines.

Not a lot so far but one would think that Mason/Bentaleb/Chadli may go and I wouldn't be surprised to see Vorm depart as well.

Anyone know anything about Sandro Ramirez? Reports linking him to Spurs after Barca has deemed him surplus to requirements. Hard to break into a team with Neymar, Messi, and the rest up there.

20yo, got some matches for Barca. That all sounds promising at least. Not very big, though.

Couple of possible "outs" for Liverpool that are a little depressing, especially Canos. Ibe has they physical tools, but I'm not so sure he knows how to do anything but run at people and hit the shit out of the ball. Although the Ante Coric link might make up for it as he is supposed to be the real deal.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...ws/liverpool-ready-jordon-ibe-offers-11382333

Now that the Götze dream appears to be dead, it will be interesting to see who the big attacking target is. That was a reach, so I'm not sure they'll go after someone as high profile, and Dahoud might be their "big" signing target. Names tossed around have been Leroy Sane (nothing on that in a while), Breel Embolo, Rachid Ghezzal (though I'd rather take a chance on Nabil Fekir coming back from injury). Iñaki Williams was briefly mentioned in January before signing a new deal with Athletic that includes a 50 million Euro release clause, but they could revisit that. Maybe Julian Brandt? None of these guys have been seriously floated by reliable journalists, at least not recently, so take it with a mound of salt.

This article also mentions Tottenham might be in for Coric.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-transfer-news-rumours-croatia-8043997

Couple of possible "outs" for Liverpool that are a little depressing, especially Canos. Ibe has they physical tools, but I'm not so sure he knows how to do anything but run at people and hit the shit out of the ball. Although the Ante Coric link might make up for it as he is supposed to be the real deal.

I'd like to see Ibe out on a year loan, see how he does with regular first team soccer.

On the Brahimi thing, I doubt that's happening. £45 million doesn't seem to be Klopp's MO and it's 10 million above the club record. That aside, is he worth that much?

Plus with those questions over his ownership rights, it seems messy. I don't know, I doubt he's worth that much, but he's a player and they/Klopp may want more than potential right now in that position. I think Klopp was quoted around January as saying as much about getting an attacker ready to contribute now. I actually thought for a second Brahimi was out of contract, but I was thinking of Feghouli.

Meaty French forehead tho

I like Giroud. He's a terrific player. But he's not consistently creative or good enough to be the #1 striker on a team that should be challenging for the league title every year. He'd be great to keep as a #2 though.

I like Slimani the best of all the Algerian attackers.

Yeah, he's good. I read somewhere that Leicester were sniffing around him as an Ulloa/Okazaki replacement/alternative. The Fennec Foxes were a fun follow at the last World Cup.

Ibe has they physical tools, but I'm not so sure he knows how to do anything but run at people and hit the shit out of the ball.

I'd be very disappointed if they gave up on Ibe. The kid has a ton of talent and is a good fit for Klopp's system imo.

I'd be very disappointed if they gave up on Ibe. The kid has a ton of talent and is a good fit for Klopp's system imo.

He has all the physical tools, but compare his movement and feel to someone like Sterling and there is a huge chasm that I'm not sure can be closed. Sterling has always had that, though, and it is what makes him special more than raw speed. Ibe is the best non-Dembele dribbler in England -- he can certainly beat a man -- but having watched him now for a few years come up through the youth teams I'm not sure he has the makeup. I'd rather keep him, but I can see how if they get a decent offer they might cut ties. I think Klopp will have enough to go on to decide if he can make it or not. Liverpool does need more pace though. If it came down to Ibe or Canos I'd probably go Canos, I think.

ETA -- I'd rather have both than play Markovic at this point, I think.

He does have a ton of talent and physical gifts, I agree. And he's young and inconsistent, which is no shock. I'm probably guilty of wanting/expecting more from him this year and losing a little patience.

Ibe is Antonio Valencia 2.0

I actually do think he could be turned into a monster right back.

Last edited:
Back