• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial Soccer Transfer Thread (NWT)

The only thing better than tracking the silly season on the transfer thread is re-reading the silly season posts from last year. Kinda cool to see how players we hyped ended up sucking and players we ignored became big-time players.

IN

D Payet - 10.5 mil
A Ogbonna - 7.7 mil
M Antonio - 7 mil
P Obiang - 4.2 mil
N Jelavic - 2.5 mil
S Hendrie - 910k
D Randolph - Free
M Samuelsen - Free
M Lanzini - Loan
C Jenkinson - Loan
A Song - Loan
V Moses - Loan

OUT

S Downing - 5.5 mil
M Maiga - Undisclosed
J Jaaskelainen - Released
K Nolan - Released
C Cole - Released
G Demel - Released
Nene - Released
Ravel Morrison - Released
M Jarvis - Loan

Only about £25 million for the bolded players, all of which had a huge impact on our season. Didn't really miss any of the released or sold players.

Fucking fantastic window. Really, really shows some intent. According to the collective voice of the supporters, we went from complete shambles three days ago to challenging for top six today.

Whelp, good prediction! Had Swansea and Stoke games gone better, we might have been fourth.

IN:
Christian Fuchs - Free
Robert Huth - £3,000,000
Shinji Okazaki - £7,000,000
N'Golo Kante - £5,600,000
Yohan Benalouane - Undisclosed
Gokhan Inler - £5,000,000
Nathan Dyer - Season Long Loan

I really like what Leicester has been able to do this window. Solidified the defense by bringing back Huth and getting Fuchs on a free. They brought in two starting quality midfielders and I can't wait to watch Kante boss the midfield. On top of that they brought in pace and energy to go along with their pressing style. They're going to be fun to watch each week.

£20.5 millionish. Baller. I probably didn't pay this post a second glance last summer (sorry, soxfan. though I doubt you really thought too much of it at the time either!)

Ron-Robert Zieler is in Leicester for a medical and is set to be the first signing for the foxes this summer. Leicester has supposedly met his £2.6m relegation release clause after hannover was relegated and starting for 4-5 years. Will be interesting to see if he pushes for the no 1 spot.

Last edited:
West Ham have made an £11.4m bid for Juventus midfielder Roberto Pereyra, according to Tuttosport.

----------

Marcus Rashford and Cameron Borthwick-Jackson are reportedly close to signing new long-term contracts with Manchester United.

According to the Manchester Evening News, both deals have been agreed in principle and could be announced next week.

It is reported that Rashford will sign a five-year deal worth more than £20,000 a week while Borthwick-Jackson, whose contract was set to expire, is now set for an extended stay

Spurs have been linked to Wanyama recently and such but here is an interesting tidbit from a Spurs fan:

I met Wanyama yesterday.
Although he couldn’t confirm to me about an official approach from Spurs, he said that he prefers to stay at Soton because he is looking for longevity in his career so he would not be too keen on moving to a bigger club.
His brother Mariga, played for Inter under Mourinho and even got a CL winners medal (from the bench), got shipped on numerous loans and then eventually released; now plays in Serie B after struggling through injury. He prefers to go a different route.
All in all, CL football is not a huge factor for him, he has already played in CL with Celtic and even scored in a win against Barcelona.
Main thing is that regular football is key and that although he likes Poch, if Soton want him to stay, he stays.

West Ham are leading the chase to land one of the most sought-after young talents in Europe - that's Lyon's 22-year old centre-back Samuel Umtiti, according to Sky sources.

The Cameroon-born defender, who's been named on Didier Deschamps 'stand-by' list for Euro 2016, helped Lyon to second place in Ligue Un, scoring once in 30 appearances.

Umtiti has previously been linked with a move to PSG, Barcelona and Spurs.

Lyon may not be keen to strengthen their biggest rivals in France - who finished 31 points ahead of them this season.

Tottenham are prepared to sell Alex Pritchard this summer and are asking for a fee in the region of £8m, according to Sky sources.

It is understood that two Premier League clubs have shown interest in the attacker, while a host of Championship clubs would be keen to sign the 23-year-old.

Leicester are following Torino striker Ciro Immobile, according to Italian newspaper La Stampa.

Immobile joined Torino on loan from Borussia Dortmund and they would like to sign him permanently.

But Leicester are looking to strengthen their squad ahead of a Champions League campaign next season, and have reportedly asked Borussia Dortmund about the striker’s availability.

West Ham have submitted a £15m bid for AC Milan striker Carlos Bacca, according to Sky sources.

However, it is understood the Colombian forward, who turns 30 in September, is valued at £19m by the Serie A club.

Bacca scored 18 league goals in his first season with the Rossoneri after joining in a £21.3m deal from Sevilla last summer.

West Ham are leading the chase to land one of the most sought-after young talents in Europe - that's Lyon's 22-year old centre-back Samuel Umtiti, according to Sky sources.

The Cameroon-born defender, who's been named on Didier Deschamps 'stand-by' list for Euro 2016, helped Lyon to second place in Ligue Un, scoring once in 30 appearances.

Umtiti has previously been linked with a move to PSG, Barcelona and Spurs.

Lyon may not be keen to strengthen their biggest rivals in France - who finished 31 points ahead of them this season.
Ugh, CB is not exactly our position of dire need. Have four premiere league proven CBs and two highly talented (and coveted) youth players at the position. Need RB and striker.
West Ham have submitted a £15m bid for AC Milan striker Carlos Bacca, according to Sky sources.

However, it is understood the Colombian forward, who turns 30 in September, is valued at £19m by the Serie A club.

Bacca scored 18 league goals in his first season with the Rossoneri after joining in a £21.3m deal from Sevilla last summer.
More like it. I think people would be happy with Bacca, but if we're going to drop nearly £20 million on a striker -- and a thirty-year old one, at that -- he'd better be ready to knock in twenty a year. Is Bacca that guy?

He was very close to going on loan to burnley in January, only to be sent to West Brom. Seems talented but was pretty much injured all last year.

Two of his former brentford teammates (andre gray and james tarkowski) currently play for Burnley and I'm hoping they can persuade him to sign there.

Gündogan to City official:

West Ham have made an £11.4m bid for Juventus midfielder Roberto Pereyra, according to Tuttosport.

----------

Marcus Rashford and Cameron Borthwick-Jackson are reportedly close to signing new long-term contracts with Manchester United.

According to the Manchester Evening News, both deals have been agreed in principle and could be announced next week.

It is reported that Rashford will sign a five-year deal worth more than £20,000 a week while Borthwick-Jackson, whose contract was set to expire, is now set for an extended stay

I really like Pereyra at West Ham, hope they go hard for him..

Mutterings -- mostly twitter, may be nothing -- that Coutinho wants to leave Liverpool, with PSG and maybe Barcelona interested. At what price do you give in? 40 million? 50 million? Pounds? Euros? More? Less? Would be shitty to lose (probably) the best player on the team, and one of the two along with Sturridge you feel could contribute at any team in Europe when fit, but I guess that's where Liverpool and Klopp find themselves at the moment. Shit, losing Suarez, Gerrard, Sterling, and Coutinho in three years would not be good.

I guess he seemed like he never quite totally fit in after Klopp took over, except for a hot run early in the spring, but still, it's Coutinho. Dang.

Back