• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial Soccer Transfer Thread (NWT)

TORE! TORE! TORE!

Our attacking midfield is going to be baller next year with Lanzini, Payet, Antonio, and Tore. (Moses out, maybe Valencia). NEED RB and a striker. I personally hope it's not Benteke (although Villa-era Benteke would be better than not). Lacazette looks like a pipe dream. Batayushi to Spurs?

On Sane: More and more traction around Bayern and City going after him this summer. If that's the case Liverpool will be in trouble. Bayern passed on him when he was 16 and we can use him now. He's now had time to develop and all things considered he wouldn't have gotten really any first team appearances till now (he still probably wouldn't get too many starts this coming season). However, he is a great signing for looking into the future as a long term replacement for Robben and Ribery. Granted as El Chupacabra said there's no reliable source coming out about Sane at the moment.

Apparently Bayern want Gotze to leave...

Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has suggested that Mario Götze could still leave Bayern Munich, days after the midfielder appeared to commit his future to the club.

However, Rummenigge, the club's chairman, is surprised at Götze’s desire to remain at the Allianz Arena and has suggested that the midfielder should reconsider his decision if he wants regular playing time.

I'm guessing Mario's sticking with the club until a Champions League club comes knocking.

Elsewhere, Skrtel's Agent is 90% sure he's out.

I can say that it is 90 per cent sure Martin will leave Liverpool, but it is far from closed.

I'm guessing Mario's sticking with the club until a Champions League club comes knocking.

He has an expensive salary and he won't make the first team sheet. But you're right, I don't think he wants to go to a club that ins't CL quality. We want to unload him so we get some money out of him rather than him leaving on a free when his contract runs out.

Do you know anything about the Timo Wemer kid or Fekir? We need to get 1 more attacking MF imo as well
We were linked with Werner last year, sounded like a promising prospect on a bad team. Don't know much about Fekir.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Do you know anything about the Timo Wemer kid or Fekir? We need to get 1 more attacking MF imo as well

1grdi8.jpg

gotze2_1.jpg

:rock:

Gotta determine it on a case by case basis, I think, but Mané is the real deal. I'd rather have Götze, but aside from that, this is a guy who gets goals + assists coming from the right a lot, cut his teeth under Schmidt at Salzburg so knows how to press, and is still young at 24, but not as much of a gamble as a Sane would be, or Brandt, or a younger, developing player. He just so happens to play for a team Liverpool has bought a few players from, who have mostly been pretty solid aside from Lambert's legs being gone and a terrible first six months from Lovren; but apart from a couple of high profile terrible games (not going to blame him too much playing under a Rodgers defense and with Martin Skrtel, aided by Bert Moreno), Lovren had started to turn it around, and Lallana and Clyne have been steady, if unspectacular.

I don't know, we'll see how it plays out, but I like the profile of the player fine, it's just kind of weird to go back to Southampton again.

Last edited:
Gotta determine it on a case by case basis, I think, but Mané is the real deal. I'd rather have Götze, but aside from that, this is a guy who gets goals + assists coming from the right a lot, cut his teeth under Schmidt at Salzburg so knows how to press, and is still young at 24, but not as much of a gamble as a Sane would be, or Brandt, or a younger, developing player. He just so happens to play for a team Liverpool has bought a few players from, who have mostly been pretty solid aside from Lambert's legs being gone and a terrible first six months from Lovren; but apart from a couple of high profile terrible games (not going to blame him too much playing under a Rodgers defense and with Martin Skrtel, aided by Bert Moreno), Lovren had started to turn it around, and Lallana and Clyne have been steady, if unspectacular.

I don't know, we'll see how it plays out, but I like the profile of the player fine, it's just kind of weird to go back to Southampton again.

Could be. I'll take your word for it as I haven't watched a ton of Southhampton. I do really like Clyne and feel he was steady @ RB. He's young and it was his first season at the club, so he should get stronger. Lallana runs a lot, but he's to inconsistent for my liking. Intrigued by the pairing of Lovren and Matip.

Ironically, German newspapers are reporting Gotze won't be with Bayern one way or another.

And German newspaper Bild today claim his move away from the Allianz Arena is back on and will happen in one of two ways.

The first option is for the attacking midfielder to stick out one more year until his contract expires and leave for free next summer.

Or the Germany international will look to impress at Euro 2016 next month in the hope of attracting a host of suitors and leave this summer.

They also stated:
Bild say the Bundesliga champions started off demanding £30m, which has now been slashed to £19m, and is reportedly set to fall further.

I don't know anything about Bild or their sources, but it's been an interesting week for Gotze and fans. :)

Man United making a full court press effort to get Willian to hand in a transfer request to leave Chelsea. Jose wants to sign him again... for good reason.

No Oscar doe, plz

Would Goetze really need a great Euro performance to attract a "host of suitors" at £19MM? or £30MM for that matter?

Would Goetze really need a great Euro performance to attract a "host of suitors" at £19MM? or £30MM for that matter?

Yes.

I'm not sure he cares enough to be elite. Talent is there. Is his heart in it? I don't see a guy that wants to maximize his ability. And that sucks.

I thought that's what all these All-World managers got off on was getting the most out of talent others couldn't?

Back