• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial Soccer Transfer Thread (NWT)

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jul/19/manchester-united-100m-bid-paul-pogba-juventus

Manchester United are set to make an official bid for Paul Pogba in the next 24 hours with club officials meeting the Juventus directors Giuseppe Marotta and Fabio Paratici as well as the player’s agent, Mino Raiola, to discuss the deal.
Manchester United’s executive vice-chairman, Ed Woodward, was originally due to travel with the team to China for their pre-season tour on Tuesday but he did not board the plane and it is understood that he will be part of the delegation that is meeting Juventus.
United are expected to make an opening bid of £100m with £13m of that performance-related add-ons. Juventus are likely to reject that offer – they want £100m without add-ons to even contemplate a sale – and are still hoping to hold on to the 23-year-old midfielder, who has a contract until 2019.

Everton have agreed to a deal in principle with Steve Walsh to become the Director of Football, according to Sky Sports and others.

Walsh was the Leicester talent scout credited for the Mahrez, Vardy, and other signings at LCFC.

Finally time to kick the silly season into gear for Everton! Woot!

MASSIVE SIGNING!!!!!!@@!@!! (I have no idea who this kid is)

Afewee Brixton ‏@AfeweeBrixton 3h3 hours ago
Afewee old-boy Joshua Bohui signs 3 yr contract with @ManUtd Congratulations! Well deserved after all the hard work

CnvU4AxXgAIEqxR.jpg

Everton have agreed to a deal in principle with Steve Walsh to become the Director of Football, according to Sky Sports and others.

Walsh was the Leicester talent scout credited for the Mahrez, Vardy, and other signings at LCFC.

Finally time to kick the silly season into gear for Everton! Woot!

Sweetness. I know we've been trying to hire him on for a while now. Time to splash dat cash!

Great get by the Toffees. Background staff is very important. It is what United has been lacking for 3 years now.

We miss Gill almost as much as SAF.

I've read recently they're after Begovic and Koulibaly from Napoli, which would be two really good signings -- using the Stones money to turn right around and get Koulibaly would be good stuff. League's gonna be bonkers this year, I love it!

Pogba seems to be inching closer to United, as well, good stuff.

My spidey sense says that Pogba will happen but Matuidi will not.

Schneiderlin base under Pogba and Ander H. is alright by me though!

Love me some Ander.

I've read recently they're after Begovic and Koulibaly from Napoli, which would be two really good signings -- using the Stones money to turn right around and get Koulibaly would be good stuff. League's gonna be bonkers this year, I love it!

Pogba seems to be inching closer to United, as well, good stuff.

Yeah I keep hearing we're rich now but I'll believe it when our only signing isn't a 4MM ancient Dutch keeper.

How does it work when a scouting director changes clubs? Is he allowed to take his extensive files and network with him?

I think it probably depends on the structure of the club and contract, but for the most part, unless separate scouts have individual contracts with the club, I think his network is his network. I always remember the big deal made of Frank Arnesen leaving Tottenham for Chelsea and taking his famed "black book," but that was a decade or so ago so maybe clubs have wised up.

Not sure how much stock to put into ESPN FC, but it might not be Wijnaldum LFC is chasing from Newcastle. Would they go for both? End for Henderson?

http://www.espnfc.com/story/2915017/moussa-sissoko-chased-by-liverpool-and-juventus-sources

This seems like it is coming from Sissoko's side, although I don't know who Peter O'Rourke is so maybe he has the sources on this one. I think Wijnaldum is the only one they're looking at and that's been reported by almost all the Liverpool beat writers as well as a couple of Newcastle ones. I think Henderson might be in danger regardless in terms of playing time, but I think he'll still be at the club this year. Although, the way they have set up this preseason, it might be a midfield where Henderson can get back to his best.

Last edited:
This seems like it is coming from Sissoko's side, although I don't know who Peter O'Rourke is so maybe he has the sources on this one. I think Wijnaldum is the only one they're looking at and that's been reported by almost all the Liverpool beat writers as well as a couple of Newcastle ones. I think Henderson might be in danger regardless in terms of playing time, but I think he'll still be at the club this year. Although, the way they have set up this preseason, it might be a midfield where Henderson can get back to his best.

You mean in a midfield of 3? This to me is the one area of the team where I'm kind of lost as to what Klopp is thinking. He likes Can but I don't know here he comes out on Henderson and he clearly doesn't rate Allen or Lucas very highly. Is Grujic ready to play? Is this where Wijnaldum will play?

Henderson is one of the most mystifyingly overrated players I've ever watched.

Back