• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial Soccer Transfer Thread (NWT)

I thought they might buy Pickford. Seems like the kind of young player to help them keep their home grown numbers up.

Pickford is a talent but it's hard to envision Pep ever relying on an English keeper. They typically aren't good enough with their feet to meet Pep's expectations.

Liverpool have apparently purchased Dominic Solanke from Chelsea. Don't know much about him but Chelsea's willingness to sell isn't particularly troubling, given all of the players that have left Chelsea in recent years only to see their careers take off (Sturridge, KDB, Matic, etc.) subsequently.

Sky sources have been told Leicester City do not want to, and will not, sell Riyad Mahrez unless a bidding club is prepared to pay a "substantial" fee for the player.

We understand there is no buyout clause in the four-year contract that Mahrez signed last summer. There have been no bids for Mahrez since this season ended, and Leicester received no bids last summer or in January for him either.

However, reports suggest that Arsenal are monitoring the situation, and SSNHQ understands Arsene Wenger is an admirer of the French-Algerian winger.

The club are yet to comment but the feeling inside the King Power is that for any bid to be acceptable, it would have to reflect Mahrez's standing as PFA Player of the Year, Ballon d'Or nominee, Premier League winner and Champions League player.

Everton want to land former Watford loanee M'Baye Niang after the Frenchman revealed he would not be joining the Hornets on a permanent deal next season, the Liverpool Echo reports.

The Milan man ruled out the chance to stay at Vicarage Road due to 'personal reasons' and the Toffees could swoop for his services.

He may end up being excellent, but I wouldn't trust a Brazilian GK with protecting the net.

City can, and will, do what they want with their money. As is their right to spend the Sheik's cash.

"United States defender John Brooks is set to leave Hertha Berlin and join Wolfsburg for at least €17 million ($18.9m) -- the highest fee ever paid for a U.S. international -- according to multiple reports in Germany."

"United States defender John Brooks is set to leave Hertha Berlin and join Wolfsburg for at least €17 million ($18.9m) -- the highest fee ever paid for a U.S. international -- according to multiple reports in Germany."
Thoughts? Much bigger club, for sure.

Damn, he's super popular in Berlin. Local kid born and raised and came through the Hertha youth teams. Wolfsburg might historically be a bigger club, but they are a fucking train wreck right now and I'm not sure it's a better situation in all honesty. Hertha was 7th last year, 6th this year and they have European football.

In short, not sure I love that move for Brooks :(

Also, he'll have to move from Berlin (awesome) to Wolfsburg (not awesome). I'm sure the reason he'd do it is €€€€€€€€, but that's gotta be about it.

Damn, he's super popular in Berlin. Local kid born and raised and came through the Hertha youth teams. Wolfsburg might historically be a bigger club, but they are a fucking train wreck right now and I'm not sure it's a better situation in all honesty. Hertha was 7th last year, 6th this year and they have European football.

In short, not sure I love that move for Brooks :(
Higher in the table, yes, but Wolfsburg have deeper pockets and more talent, no? Seems like they simply vastly underperformed this year.

Wolfsburg didn't do a parade for their women's team winning their league because they were afraid their men's team might get relegated. Fuck those sexist assclowns.

Wolfsburg didn't do a parade for their women's team winning their league because they were afraid their men's team might get relegated. Fuck those sexist assclowns.

Really? Agree, fuck them (as I prepare for my Golf TSI Wolfsburg edition to arrive any day, so please don't cancel my order, VW)

What jumps out at me is that it's not only the largest transfer fee for an American player to date, it is ~double the previous record.

:eek:hnoes::willynilly::willynilly::willynilly:

Sounds like City are prepared to throw $oil at Van Djik. We'll see how serious Liverpool are about him.

Sounds like Pool dropped interest in Fulham's Ryan Sessegnon, leaving the door open for Spurs. Based on what I've heard, hope we sign him.

Sounds like Pool dropped interest in Fulham's Ryan Sessegnon, leaving the door open for Spurs. Based on what I've heard, hope we sign him.

I think that Liverpool "dropped interest" when the player made it clear he didn't want to go to Liverpool. The ol' UNC "we didn't want Chris Paul anyway!"

Back