• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial Soccer Transfer Thread (NWT)

Vad is just setting this up so when he's endlessly talking about how Aurier is the best rightback in the world if not of all time and people say shit back to him he can say "well, I was against signing him"

Vad is just setting this up so when he's endlessly talking about how Aurier is the best rightback in the world if not of all time and people say shit back to him he can say "well, I was against signing him"

If so, it's genius. We cheer for laundry, not players.

He might actually be the best right back in the world, or at least the most talented. I doubt he gets all the legal stuff cleared up before the end of the transfer window, so hopefully I don't have to worry about how I'd react to him playing well in a Spurs shirt.

The best RB in the world doesn't go in and out of matches mentally on a whim. Most physically gifted RB in the world? OK, maybe, but he doesn't have it between the ears. I'd take Tony V over him, for instance. Hell, I'd take Kyle Walker over Aurier, and I'm no fan of Kyle Walker. (I think Spurs pulled off a coup there -- how long is Trippier out anyway? Like him more than Walker.)

But I'm old school. I like defenders that can defend and stay switched on, not super awesome athletic strikers converted from striker because they don't know how to finish.

Carvajal probs best RB in the world right now for my money. All 2 cents that is worth.

Barça almost exclusively buying mediocre to shit players and not bringing through any youth is finally bringing us down

Has to be Alaba, right? And I really like Marcelo.

Huge Alaba fan, but he wasn't quite as good under Ancelotti as he was under Pep and frankly, Marcelo was amazing last year. Right now I'd say Marcelo is the top LB in the world. Real might have both the best LB and RB, in fact.

I'm ashamed vad. No Toby?

He's very, very good - definitely the best CB in the PL - but he hasn't done enough yet at the international / european level yet (he played in a CL Final, but as a very late substitute). We'll see after this season and a WC summer, he should be right in his absolute prime.

Godin has to be in the picture. He'd probably get my vote along with Boateng.

Arsenal defender Gabriel Paulista is on the verge of a £10million move to Valencia, according to Sky sources.

Telegraph reporting that Spurs are in talks with WBA over Kevin Wimmer, which could mean movement on the Davinson Sanchez front.

Looking good for Sanchez. Let's GO. Not at team hotel, Dutch sources reporting deal is imminent for £28m plus add ons bringing total to above £40m

Back