• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial Soccer Transfer Thread (NWT)

Telegraph reporting that Spurs are in talks with WBA over Kevin Wimmer, which could mean movement on the Davinson Sanchez front.
A lot of people running with that link.

Sky sources understand that West Brom are interested in signing Tottenham defender Kevin Wimmer.

They haven't yet made an official bid, but the Baggies have approached Spurs to ask whether they are prepared to sell. The news comes after Manchester City saw an £18m bid for Jonny Evans rejected.

Pulis is adamant he doesn't want to lose his captain, and is keen on strengthening his defensive options whether or not Evans stays.

West Brom and Pulis are doubling down on defense. They brought in Gareth Barry from us the other day to play MF, a man that I'm certain I could beat in a foot race today.

Tottenham and Ajax have agreed a deal for defender Davinson Sanchez, according to Sky sources.

West Brom and Pulis are doubling down on defense. They brought in Gareth Barry from us the other day to play MF, a man that I'm certain I could beat in a foot race today.

A team of center backs is Pulis' ideal lineup.

Hate the Gylfi signing so much

It's so transparent which players Koeman is forcing the club to sign and who Walsh is recruiting

Young players like Keane and Pickford were easy decisions, kill it in advanced passing/movement models, and weren't really for sale, hence the "overpays"

Rooney, Martina, Sigurdsson just stink of Koeman players with nonsense intangibles like "leadership" but no real major contributions to a team trying to build a consistent top 4 challenger

Some stat about Koeman: he's spent £220MM+ in the year he's been with the club. That's £90MM more than David Moyes spent in 11 seasons. Granted the net spend is still pretty small but still a wild stat. And I'm not sure the squad is better.

Sick of seeing Martina in the side and Kenny out

It's so transparent which players Koeman is forcing the club to sign and who Walsh is recruiting

Young players like Keane and Pickford were easy decisions, kill it in advanced passing/movement models, and weren't really for sale, hence the "overpays"

Rooney, Martina, Sigurdsson just stink of Koeman players with nonsense intangibles like "leadership" but no real major contributions to a team trying to build a consistent top 4 challenger

Some stat about Koeman: he's spent £220MM+ in the year he's been with the club. That's £90MM more than David Moyes spent in 11 seasons. Granted the net spend is still pretty small but still a wild stat. And I'm not sure the squad is better.

I dunno, I'm thinking Gylfi might be what unlocks the attack. The guy is excellent, but I do agree that it's been a haphazard spend this summer. Never felt like there was a plan. We may have overpaid, but the market is just so inflated right now that there is no choice.

Didn't Gylfi cover more ground than any player in the Prem last year?

So Davinson Sanchez to Spurs is done. 28m up front, up to 14m more in add-ons - making him almost certainly the club record signing. Ruud Gullit has said he's the best defender Ajax have had since Jaap Stam - so we'll see. He's a nasty fucking bastard though, utterly dominant in the air and very physical. Pochettino seems to love that kind of player, Spurs have become one of the most physical and aggressive teams in the PL from front to back.

giphy.gif

And further on Pochettino's shopping list seems to be Keita Balde Diao from Lazio, who is basically Sadio Mane if Sadio Mane was an unlikable nasty bastard.

Doubt it's true, but this may make you feel better about Gylfi. At least in relation to another Koeman move.

Everton are considering a loan move for Diego Costa, according to The Sun.

Costa released a statement saying how he has no intention to return to Stamford Bridge and Ronald Koeman is reportedly to test their resolve on the striker.

Barcelona this afternoon placed a new bid of £113m with Liverpool for Philippe Coutinho.

That fee could have rise to £118m on Coutinho's appearances at the Nou Camp. However it appears Liverpool have immediately rejected Barcelona's offer.

West Ham have announced that Winston Reid has signed a new long-term contract with the club.

The centre-back has put pen to paper on a deal that will keep him at the London Stadium until summer 2023, meaning he could potentially spend 13 years in east London.

The New Zealand international was voted Hammer of the Year in 2013 and made his 150th Premier League appearance last weekend.

We did it! We signed someone!

Last edited:
West Ham have announced that Winston Reid has signed a new long-term contract with the club.

The centre-back has put pen to paper on a deal that will keep him at the London Stadium until summer 2023, meaning he could potentially spend 13 years in east London.

The New Zealand international was voted Hammer of the Year in 2013 and made his 150th Premier League appearance last weekend.

That's quite an extension for a 29 year old

Back