• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad Pro-Am League - That just happened.

Both known primarily as 3 point shooters, fairly limited athletically, questions about ability to defend ACC level players, both need to become more complete players. And let's be totally realistic: Scott Wood is a shooting guard. Just like Fischer playing the "SF" position in some of our smaller lineups won't make him a SF.

That is just dumb. They are nothing alike as players.

That is just dumb. They are nothing alike as players.

Well please feel free to tell me why they aren't. I know you guys have high hopes for Fischer but he's a one-dimensional player at best right now. And his competition to date has been crappy WV high school basketball and two summer league games. Saying he's better than Eric Hayes? That's dumb.

Fischer actually shoots more 2's percentage-wise than Wood. Idk I think they're roughly in the same category. I agree with most of WRS's points, and their height isn't that much different (3 inches)

Terrell is much more similar to JGray than Fischer. Both fairly streaky 3 point shooters. JT is a bit bigger and a better athlete but both were more scorers than shooters.

Scott actually plays good defense and like Gary Clark needs a little time to get set. Chase handles the boy like a guard but not like Eric Hayes who had pg skills. Every player is different but over time Chase has a higher ceiling than Scott or Eric.

The issue regarding Justin vs. Jt is that Justin played winning basketball while JT is a work in progress to this point.

Yeah and Justin also played with CP3 and Taron.

Can't disagree with those facts but I see Chase also playing winning basketball along with Travis and CJ. I just hope several more will figure it out in the next few months.

Can't disagree with those facts but I see Chase also playing winning basketball along with Travis and CJ. I just hope several more will figure it out in the next few months.

If JTT played with big E and CP3 he would be playing basketball. Im prerty sure CP3 could play winning bball with me at the 2g spot

I think Chase will have a much better first half of the year than JTT did. Worried about his defense though.

You don't have to be playing with great players to play winning basketball. Just be a team player, take good shots ,make the extra pass, play good defense and stay focused. That is pretty basic stuff. Don't hurt the team and work as a unit.

Last edited:
As much as I hate to say it, it is going to be a long year in bball. These frosh remind me of last year's frosh class, except I don't see a Mckie. They are going to be in way over their heads day 1 playing ACC basketball. Hopefully they will grow and mature, but I think this class pretty much seals buzz's fate for March 2012. Buzz is going out.

TC looks pretty good in the video imho.

Green sure is raw offensively.

Feel good about our guards and McKie obviously, but I am just not seeing how we can be competitive given the lack of experience and depth at the 4 and 5.

Is Nikita not playing in the pro-am? He will be very important next season.

Yeah, is Nikita not around this summer?

Playing in (for?) Belarus I believe.

Dang with those 2 apparently gone, there are a lot of AAU teams who would destroy us in the post.

Is it not a legitimate option to bring in a hulking football player or two to fill up minutes and fouls in the post? It's hardly worth playing if you never get a rebound and have no way of stopping a minimally-effective big man, which is how it's going to be with our current roster.

No. Our football program isn't a feeder for the basketball team.

I think we should roll out the following lineup:

Chennault
Harris
Terrell
Fischer
McKie

BOOM UNDEFEATED!

Back