• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad Pro-Am League - That just happened.

Sounds like Chase had a great night. The recap mentioned he rotated well defensively, but was there any indication of his quickness and ability to stay in front of ACC guards? (I know that's asking a lot from watching one summer league game)

He stayed in front of Michael Grace (Yale) pretty well when he was on him, but it is really hard to tell. He had better lateral foot speed than I was expecting. That's a plus.

Think of some of the best shooters we've had over the years Justin, Rusty and Craig come to mind. I think Chase is that good. Time will tell.

He has a silky smooth delivery.

Speaking of Craig, he lit it up tonight too. He can still shoot the ball. Went 6-7ish from 3's.

He is a inch or two taller than CJ, so I would say so or very close.

rj, I'm having a little fun since the news on the other front is so disappointing. But for tonight at least Chase looked like the second coming of Rick Mount. I hope he proves to be the real thing.

If he's a klegit 6'4, I'd say fuck defense. Throw Tony out there with tw of JTT/CJ/Chase and let it rain threes. Have Travis be Hank Gathers and go for it.

We aren't going to get any rebounds. We might as well have fun.

I'm sure JTT was a little bummed that 1) The one scholarship WFU teammate he had on his team just got suspended and 2) He's on a team loaded w/ guards if I'm reading that roster correctly. That's probably no fun either.

The significance of JT or any of the other players having a good or bad game is approximately zero.

So if Travis states CJ is expected to start at the 2, we should expect an opening lineup of:
Chennault
Harris
JTT
McKie
Carson

I can't see how we don't play 3 guards w/ this roster.

The significance of JT or any of the other players having a good or bad game is approximately zero.

A little different perspective...I watched LD, David and Chas play some last night and they are full grown men that make a living playing basketball. However I remember when they were rising freshman when the Rusty League first got started. The surprising thing is that they still have the same pluses and minuses as players as they did back then. So over the course of the summer, we will know a lot more about our 3 freshman especially.

Or you start Nikkita at 4 and Mckie at 3 with JTT coming off the bench.

That at least gives us an outside shot at a rebound here or there.

That's what I'd bet on.

I'm fine with CJ playing the 2, spelling at the 1 when TC needs a break and Fields isn't in (if Fields is ready to play right away).

Probably shouldn't do this, but here are my thoughts on the rotation:

PG CJ 25, 15 TC/Fields
SG JTT/Chase 30, CJ 10
SF McKie 18, JTT/Chase 22
PF Nikita 20, McKie 15, Green 5
C Carson 28, Nikita 7, Green 5

CJ 35
McKie 33
Carson 28
Nikita 27
JTT/Chase 52
Green 10
TC/Fields 15

Not sure how to distinguish between Chase and JTT at this point. I'd guess most games the hot hand would get 30 and the other would get 22. The positions depend on how well either can defend a bigger SF. I'd guess Chase by default.

Green's going to have to play due to foul trouble because Carson and Nikita will pick up cheapies here and there. He may not get 10 minutes most nights, but he'll have to play 20 some nights just because.

Back