• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad Pro-Am League - That just happened.

Just got home...writing up the recaps now. I got a ton of highlights so I will get to work on that after I do the recaps. Probably won't be done until 12 at the earliest for the video. I'll link the article when I get done...that should take 30 minutes or so.

Highlights are taking longer than expected. I'll keep y'all updated. There are some good ones and it will be a good look I believe.

If Carson has stretches where he disappears, this is going to be a long season especially considering he is the only guy capable of playing center at this point and even that is a stretch.

If Carson has stretches where he disappears, this is going to be a long season especially considering he is the only guy capable of playing center at this point and even that is a stretch.

A lack of effort is a character issue. How many character issues do we have?

Not trying in a summer league is not a character issue, especially when you are lifting/working out beforehand. I would much rather them not try than try and get injured.

I really don't think effort was the issue.

It was just a weird combination of things. In the first half, he played as if he had strict orders not to shoot the ball. He got plenty of touches, but he almost immediately looked to pass each time. He never attacked the basket, never made a post move, never pump faked.. So he did not attempt a single shot, or get fouled at all. He made some nice passes but none were converted for assists.

Going a half without a steal or block isn't really a big deal.

The concern for me is the rebounding. Even playing against Chas and Weave, he needs to be able to get a few. Unfortunately I think this is more skill based than effort based. He boxes out pretty consistently for summer league, but he's missing the lift and intensity needed to grab rebounds. Obviously it is an extremely small sample size, but we do have a common opponent for Carson and Green now: Carson had 4 boards against Guilford, while Green had 8.

If I had a dollar for every time we boxed out well and then just watched the ball bounce in front of us without getting it, I would be a very rich man.

I am finalizing the video and then uploading to Youtube, which for some reason usually takes my computer like an hours (literally). Should be up before 1:30. Sorry for the delays, I had about 100 clips of 30 seconds a piece to sort through and splice up. Hope y'all enjoy the finished product.

I left out a lot of the free throws that I was originally going to include, but there are still some in there. Fischer and Green should be the only problems to figure out who they are if you haven't seen them yet. The clips go from games 1-3 in order in the clips

Fischer was #13 for the yellow (3rd game), and Green was #4 in the black (2nd game) with the white t-shirt underneath.

I attended the game tonight featuring JTT and Chase. I thought Chase played well but did seem to have a little trouble getting open in the 2nd half especially late when JTT decided to dial it in defensively on him. I even over heard JTT tell Tony Channault, after Tony whispered something to Chase. " He ain't getting open Tony". Chase also seemed to have trouble staying in front of JTT when JT was in one on one situations. Overall he played well and I dont recall a turnover by Chase I think Chase is going to be a good player at Wake and seems to have alot of leadership qualities and a high IQ

JTT is very talented and can take anyone 1 on 1. Bz has to put him in these situations more this year and let him do his thing. If he has improved defensively he could very easily be Wake's best player this year and I think we are going to see alot of him and Chase on the floor together.

I am finalizing the video and then uploading to Youtube, which for some reason usually takes my computer like an hours (literally). Should be up before 1:30. Sorry for the delays, I had about 100 clips of 30 seconds a piece to sort through and splice up. Hope y'all enjoy the finished product.

I left out a lot of the free throws that I was originally going to include, but there are still some in there. Fischer and Green should be the only problems to figure out who they are if you haven't seen them yet. The clips go from games 1-3 in order in the clips

Fischer was #13 for the yellow (3rd game), and Green was #4 in the black (2nd game) with the white t-shirt underneath.

Hey 27 - what software do you use piece the clips together? Also, do you compress them before you upload to youtube? - thx

Thanks for teh recap doofus. Good stuff. Looking forward to the highlights.

I attended the game tonight featuring JTT and Chase. I thought Chase played well but did seem to have a little trouble getting open in the 2nd half especially late when JTT decided to dial it in defensively on him. I even over heard JTT tell Tony Channault, after Tony whispered something to Chase. " He ain't getting open Tony". Chase also seemed to have trouble staying in front of JTT when JT was in one on one situations. Overall he played well and I dont recall a turnover by Chase I think Chase is going to be a good player at Wake and seems to have alot of leadership qualities and a high IQ

JTT is very talented and can take anyone 1 on 1. Bz has to put him in these situations more this year and let him do his thing. If he has improved defensively he could very easily be Wake's best player this year and I think we are going to see alot of him and Chase on the floor together.

I agree completely. Last year we never set up an offense that played to our strengths. JT can take just about anyone but it seemed like we crowded the lane way too much. I would rather have an open lane for some of our slashers than stick one of the big guys in the paint just for the heck of it especially since our big guys are still developing back to the basket moves. It might be more troublesome if it was not an effort issue on Carson's part because if he is really trying and wasn't getting any rebounds then tat's a problem.

Hey 27 - what software do you use piece the clips together? Also, do you compress them before you upload to youtube? - thx

I have a FlipCam (nothing fancy), so I have FlipShare, which is the standard software that comes with the Flip.

It is pretty easy to do, I go through each clip and move them to a folder that I put each highlight in. From there I can just make a movie and add each clip into the movie tab. The software then makes the movie and I can drag it into Youtube to upload from there. I'm not sure whether or not they are compressed or not though.

Great to hear that JT is getting it done defensively. A kid with that type of length and athleticism should be a monster.

Also, I am uploading it to Youtube now. It has approximately 99 mins remaining, so we have that going for us. I'll link when it gets through.

Back