• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump Will Win the Nomination

None of the living Pub ex-nominees are going to be at the convention unless Bob Dole shows up. The last VP nominee doesn't support the current nominee. No way the 2008 VP nominee gets to speak. Will Cheney speak?

By comparison, the Dems will have Obama and Bill in prominent speaking spots. Al Gore may even get a few minutes.

None of the living Pub ex-nominees are going to be at the convention unless Bob Dole shows up. The last VP nominee doesn't support the current nominee. No way the 2008 VP nominee gets to speak. Will Cheney speak?

By comparison, the Dems will have Obama and Bill in prominent speaking spots. Al Gore may even get a few minutes.

You simply haven't gotten it yet. Those guys are dinosaurs in the Republican Party today. They are the reason Republican voters swept Trump to the nomination.

It looks like that after Trump blasted Bush in South Carolina, then swept to a landslide victory in that state, you would've gotten a little clue...but evidently not.

You simply haven't gotten it yet. Those guys are dinosaurs in the Republican Party today. They are the reason Republican voters swept Trump to the nomination.

It looks like that after Trump blasted Bush in South Carolina, then swept to a landslide victory in that state, you would've gotten a little clue...but evidently not.

No shit. I'm marveling how that is yet another example of this change.

Mitt Romney is irrelevant....and I know that must eat away at his ego. He showed up in the campaign to blast Trump and urge Republican voters to reject his candidacy...and the Republican voters swatted him away like a fly at a summer picnic.

Ryan said he's not ready to support Trump yet. He said Trump has work to do to get his support. I've never heard of such a thing from a Speaker of the candidate's party.

Mitt Romney is irrelevant....and I know that must eat away at his ego. He showed up in the campaign to blast Trump and urge Republican voters to reject his candidacy...and the Republican voters swatted him away like a fly at a summer picnic.

So who do you think the headline speakers will be at the GOP convention?

So who do you think the headline speakers will be at the GOP convention?

Ya got me. I don't think it even matters. We're sailing in uncharted waters now......which is why trying to use conventional political wisdom to predict the outcome of this election is a waste of time, in my opinion. There is no telling what might happen between now and November. After what has already happened, I wouldn't be surprised at anything....good or bad.

Who would've thought that Trump could denigrate John McCain's war record, call George W Bush a liar in South Carolina, stand up for Planned Parenthood and be subjected to $75 million of negative ads by his own party...just to mention a few things...and sweep to the nomination with the largest number of GOP primary votes in history, rolling over the entire power structure of the Republican Party in the process?

Quite simply, something of historical importance is happening here.

Ya got me. I don't think it even matters. We're sailing in uncharted waters now......which is why trying to use conventional political wisdom to predict the outcome of this election is a waste of time, in my opinion. There is no telling what might happen between now and November. After what has already happened, I wouldn't be surprised at anything....good or bad.

Who would've thought that Trump could denigrate John McCain's war record, call George W Bush a liar in South Carolina, stand up for Planned Parenthood and be subjected to $75 million of negative ads by his own party...just to mention a few things...and sweep to the nomination with the largest number of GOP primary votes in history, rolling over the entire power structure of the Republican Party in the process?

Quite simply, something of historical importance is happening here.

It matters. The Trump campaign has feasted on free media and the convention is the biggest free media event there is for the general election.

LOL. It's kinda like being surprised that people give rj a hard time. I guess when you an entitled pampered millennial that has never worked a day in your life, you just don't understand these things.
Can we compile a list of the boards "entitled pampered millenials who have never worked a day in their life"? Just to get clarification on who is being referenced.

It matters. The Trump campaign has feasted on free media and the convention is the biggest free media event there is for the general election.

You're probably right. I just haven't given that much thought and unfairly brushed off your question. I've been thinking more about the VP situation. I really hope that Trump doesn't pick your guy Scott from Florida. There's something about that guy that really turns me off. I'm still hoping for Kasich, of course. I think he would be the best choice, hands down, because if Trump is going to have a chance to win this election, he's going to have to do it in Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan & Wisconsin. Actually, those 4 states plus the 206 EVs that Romney won would do it....and I think all four of them would be in play with Kasich on the ticket. I also think Trump can hold NC and has a chance to retake Virginia. Finally, some have said that the Democrats have a chance to win Georgia, Arizona & Utah. I don't see it, myself....especially Utah, which is the most Republican state in the country. Obama only got 24% of the vote in Utah four years ago. And we haven't even talked about Florida. However, those four rust belt states with 64 EVs will be ground zero in this battle.

If Kasich wants to be president someday, by far his best chance is to try to become vice president with Trump, because I think there is a good chance that Trump wouldn't even run for a 2nd term...and if they had been somewhat successful, Kasich would be perfectly positioned to win in 2020, when he would be 71. I realize that is a longshot....but I think it is his only shot. He says he doesn't want it....but he, Christie & Carson were the only candidates who never really attacked Trump personally. No chance Carson is the VP in my opinion. Christie could well end up on the ticket, but I don't think he would add very much to it.....certainly nothing like what Kasich could bring.

Back