• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump Will Win the Nomination

Ya got me. I don't think it even matters. We're sailing in uncharted waters now......which is why trying to use conventional political wisdom to predict the outcome of this election is a waste of time, in my opinion. There is no telling what might happen between now and November. After what has already happened, I wouldn't be surprised at anything....good or bad.

Who would've thought that Trump could denigrate John McCain's war record, call George W Bush a liar in South Carolina, stand up for Planned Parenthood and be subjected to $75 million of negative ads by his own party...just to mention a few things...and sweep to the nomination with the largest number of GOP primary votes in history, rolling over the entire power structure of the Republican Party in the process?

Quite simply, something of historical importance is happening here.

you're cute when you act like a teenage girl in love with a rock star. "If he sees me at the concert he might ask me to marry him!!"

Which, meh

I'd rather have one of WakeAndBakes southwest quiches

You're probably right. I just haven't given that much thought and unfairly brushed off your question. I've been thinking more about the VP situation. I really hope that Trump doesn't pick your guy Scott from Florida. There's something about that guy that really turns me off. I'm still hoping for Kasich, of course. I think he would be the best choice, hands down, because if Trump is going to have a chance to win this election, he's going to have to do it in Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan & Wisconsin. Actually, those 4 states plus the 206 EVs that Romney won would do it....and I think all four of them would be in play with Kasich on the ticket. I also think Trump can hold NC and has a chance to retake Virginia. Finally, some have said that the Democrats have a chance to win Georgia, Arizona & Utah. I don't see it, myself....especially Utah, which is the most Republican state in the country. Obama only got 24% of the vote in Utah four years ago. And we haven't even talked about Florida. However, those four rust belt states with 64 EVs will be ground zero in this battle.

If Kasich wants to be president someday, by far his best chance is to try to become vice president with Trump, because I think there is a good chance that Trump wouldn't even run for a 2nd term...and if they had been somewhat successful, Kasich would be perfectly positioned to win in 2020, when he would be 71. I realize that is a longshot....but I think it is his only shot. He says he doesn't want it....but he, Christie & Carson were the only candidates who never really attacked Trump personally. No chance Carson is the VP in my opinion. Christie could well end up on the ticket, but I don't think he would add very much to it.....certainly nothing like what Kasich could bring.

Kasich won OH, but finished dead last in three man races in PA, MI, and WI. All three states voted for Bubba and Obama twice. Ryan was the VP nominee in 2012 and still couldn't deliver WI. They did elect an openly lesbian Senator that year. If HRC were truly worried about OH or PA, she'd add Brown or Casey as VP. Like Kasich much more than Trump, Hillary, and Bernie, but he's no slam dunk to deliver any Rust Belt state including OH. Sucks because the GOP needs more Kasichs and Portmans than Trumps or Cruzs.

Also wouldn't dismiss all the polling either. Trump's been the GOP frontrunner since late Summer. Hardly a surprise that he won the nomination. The silent minority mantra is utter nonsense however. 100% of the GOP isn't a majority of the entire electorate.

Problem with Kasich is that he has the charisma of a glass of skim milk. At least Romney had that sinister Mormon chauvinist element right beneath the surface. Kasich is the boring chiropractor that tries to start a conversation with you about the weather at your parents friends barbecue.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

That might have been a bit harsh so I apologize. Anyway, to me it denotes a lack of integration, even after years in this country, and an unwillingness to see themselves as Americans first and foremost, and a lack of gratitude. Many of them see America as nothing but a paycheck and will romanticize Mexico, the country tens of millions of them leave to take jobs, and advantage of social services, in this country. If I saw Irish immigrants or Chinese immigrants tearing shit up while waving Irish flags, I'd be similarly pissed.

Happy st Patrick's day!

That appears to be a photo of his ex wife that he is eating on (bottom right below the newspaper).
marla6n-1-web.jpg

AP_070112019131.jpg

Well that's hilarious.

1. That meal spent 5 seconds in front of him, and quickly taken away after the photo was taken.
2. Surely his hands were enlarged by Photoshop.
3. Of course he likes this Mexican meal - it is surrounded by walls.

Mexican government prepares for 'Trump Emergency'
Mexico is preparing for the "Trump Emergency," as the government of Enrique Peña Nieto has called the presumptive Republican presidential nomination of Donald Trump, which is seen as a threat by analysts and the business sector here.
The official expressed concern over the "threat" of a possible Trump victory in the November election after the real estate magnate has called for the deportation from the United States of the more than 11 million undocumented foreigners and the construction of wall along the mutual border to block illegal immigration.

The reality TV star said that, unless the country agreed to pay for the wall along the border, he would stop all remittances from Mexicans in the U.S. to their home country – an economic activity that adds billions of dollars to Mexico's economy every year.
Proof of that is the visit made this week by Foreign Minister Claudia Ruíz Massieu to California, where she mentioned the need to "reposition" Mexico's image in its northern neighbor and noting the "valuable" contributions of Mexican migrants there.

The Mexican Business Council, or CMA, also expressed concern and claimed that Trump's remarks harm the North American Free Trade Agreement.

"A candidate like Trump, who has been so virulent toward Mexico, against Mexican migrants and who has discredited NAFTA, remains a concern," said CMN president Alejandro Ramirez.
http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/politics/2016/05/05/mexico-prepares-for-trump-emergency/

I'll be astonished if Paul Ryan isnt the president in 2020 with how this all is going down and Hillary's likely coronation

He's doing a nice job playing the long game to be the clear nominee. Most of his competition is off the table or should be. He can play the reasonable middle between Trump and Hillary for 6 months then be Hillary's foil for 4 years. It's a smart play, but he risks pissing off a lot of Trump supporters and come off as a RINO and he's screwed if Trump wins.

I think the behavior of some on this board is definitely proof of this:
Survey shows Clinton supporters are more aggressive online than Sanders supporters
These results run contrary to the popular narrative of the so-called “Bernie bro,” passionate (typically male) Sanders supporters whose forceful push-back against anyone (typically female) saying nice things about Clinton was often viewed as harassment. The relative merits of the Bernie bro phenomenon were debated endlessly, but qualifying it has largely remained elusive.
http://www.dailydot.com/politics/online-incivility-study-bernie-bro/?tw=dd

There are more Hillary supporters.

Back