• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tubby Smith out at Minneota, per Twitter

I think this shows why we need to hope Wellman is retiring after the 2014 Tournament. If we can have an AD in place before the season is over, it will give a new AD enough time "evaluate" [Redacted] and come to the conclusion he wants to have his own coach in place.

Pretty obvious at this point that our next AD will be hiring our next coach.

Tubby and Howland are fired, [Redacted] keeps his job. Only at Wake Forest.

Let's just think about this. Howland is 398-205 overall with 7 NCAA appearances the last 10 years including 3 Final Fours and a runner-up finish.

Smith is 511-226 who has missed the NCAAT only 5 times since becoming a head coach in 1991 (that's 17 appearances in 22 years) including a bunch of Sweet 16s and Elite 8s. And a National Championship.

And they're out of work today. [Redacted] is probably wearing footie pajamas and coloring in a Ninja Turtles book right now.

What kind of AD in his right mind fires a coach after he wins a first round NCAA tourney game?

The kind of AD that is in his first year, made VCU basketball what it is today, and created the most ingenious collegiate sports conference I can think of.

Minneapolis in the winter doubles for the ice planet hoth - it is unbearable. And this is coming from somebody raised in Iowa and living in Chicago.
Having grown up there, I'd take it over summer humidity in the South. Isn't too bad since everyone is used to snow and the city takes care of it really well. Plus everything is connected downtown so you don't have to go outside if you don't want to.

28702015.jpg

Seems obvious that Wellman is mentoring Coach [Redacted] to take over as Wake's AD.

Yup, sometimes I think the expectations of fans are too much and that's why you get questionable firings of guys like Howland and Tubby. Yet Bzz keeps his job, go figure.

Last edited:
We should definitely start a twitter rumor that [Redacted] is gone. Force the AD to comment instead of hiding in their bunker.

My guess is Shaka will end up at Minnesota. I heard their AD interviewed not too long ago and he couldn't praise him strongly enough. But that weather sure would suck.

Having grown up there, I'd take it over summer humidity in the South. Isn't too bad since everyone is used to snow and the city takes care of it really well. Plus everything is connected downtown so you don't have to go outside if you don't want to.

The summer humidity in the South does suck, I'll give you that.

My guess is Shaka will end up at Minnesota. I heard their AD interviewed not too long ago and he couldn't praise him strongly enough. But that weather sure would suck.

Just a minute ago there was a roundtable discussion on ESPN about the Minnesota job and not only was the weather mentioned as a job deterrent, but the team's really poor facilities were listed as a top factor.

If Shaka isn't at Wake, I'm happy with his going to Minnesota. I don't want him anywhere else in the ACC.

Just a minute ago there was a roundtable discussion on ESPN about the Minnesota job and not only was the weather mentioned as a job deterrent, but the team's really poor facilities were listed as a top factor.

No love for "The Barn"?

Back