• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tulane Game Review / Duke Game Week Thread

thanks 94, you're almost as good as being at the game

probably better, since you can learn all about the shitshow in 5 minutes in the comfort of your home instead of actually having to sit through it for 3 hours while drinking $8 Wellman beer.

From 2003-2005 you could tell the program was building and on the rise. We knew the schedule in 2006 set up nicely to start 4-0 and make a bowl. Obviously it all worked well. While this year's schedule is favorable, the previous two seasons have not felt like we were building toward anything.

From 03-05 the program was falling off from the Seattle Bowl year with soul crushing close losses and inexcusable blowout losses. And we wasted Barclay and Plack.

I agree that we haven't been building the last two years.

Fair point. Only one was Cortez Lewis last night that should have definitely been hauled in and Lewis has proven that he's a playmaker. More focused on the guy throwing the terrible passes when the WR's had two-three steps on their man and had to slow down because of Wolford's underthrown tosses. Those where technically it hit their hands, also involved coverage that wouldn't have been in the picture with a better pass. Two way street. I give more benefit of doubt to the WR group than our QB that played most of the game

When exactly has he done this? Wasn't he the dumbass who got the personal foul that cost us a game last year? My apologies if I'm confusing him with someone else in our historical flock of WRs with mediocre speed and suspect hands.

You can't go undefeated without winning week 1.

All kidding aside, we can hope our guys played to the lowest of their potential and this will be a statistical anomaly come mid-season. I have zero expectations for next week but IF we pull off an upset in Durham, our season will be back on track.

probably better, since you can learn all about the shitshow in 5 minutes in the comfort of your home instead of actually having to sit through it for 3 hours while drinking $8 Wellman beer.

ron-wellman-tourney-selection-chair.jpg

You can't go undefeated without winning week 1.

All kidding aside, we can hope our guys played to the lowest of their potential and this will be a statistical anomaly come mid-season. I have zero expectations for next week but IF we pull off an upset in Durham, our season will be back on track.

5a457dc4412ef4b64474f0e7efddf08a.jpg

Great pass that only Cortez could have gotten against blanket coverage.

Love the Wol Ford sign at the end.

I disagree whole heartedly. There were at least four passes to Claude and Lewis that were way underthrown by Wolford (the one that was 'overthrown' was not overthrown at all...Lewis stopped to come back to the ball and then sped up again to catch it...slipping right through his hands). Hines also got big separation twice on two drop back passes and was looked off for one of Wolford's terrible scrambles to the middle of the pile. And let's not forget the two to Scotty Washington...one sailed out of bounds four feet over his head and the other was thrown to the sideline out of bounds.

Our WR's are legit. Wolford and the O schemes just plain stink. Go Deacs

Nah, fam. I'm not talking about the bad throws. I'm talking about the throws that required the WR to go get it and make something happen. There were opportunities, but no plays made. And mostly in single coverage.

I simply don't understand why we did not throw more 10-15 yard passes to the TE and slot.

I'm just watching the game now without it stopping and saying I'm not properly logged in.

Wolford was playing well then on third and 7 they call a god awful QB keeper. Geez go the slant or to Serigne, just shit playcalling

Is it frightening to anyone else that our offense evidently had good success moving the football against our defense in summer camp the last few weeks. Our defense could be bad too.

Is it frightening to anyone else that our offense evidently had good success moving the football against our defense in summer camp the last few weeks. Our defense could be bad too.

Yes. When I read Wolford's comments about that in the paper, my thought was "oh shit." Maybe our defense is bad too and it was just that Tulane's offense was really really bad.

Wolford and Hinton are not the problem, the OL is not the problem, the WR's or RB's are not the problem. The problem is the middle school offensive scheme Clawson and Ruggerio attempt to run. Heck, even if we had Dan Marino at QB (the young one, not the fat old one commentating now) we would still struggle to score with this unimaginative, uncreative, unproductive, unattractive, unrealistic, unwatchable and unappealing offensive scheme. As long as Clawson stubbornly clings to Ruggerio and this lame system he has forced down our offensive players and fans collective throats, we will continue this lack of points production that has existed here since they were hired. Other than that, I'm all good with Clawson

Back