• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

UNC's Top Fundraiser Resigns

It's funny, because this is pretty much all because of the athletic department. The rest of UNC let athletics run unchecked, it leaked into other parts of the administration, and now they're all going down with the ship. How many people do you think are pissed at the athletics department right now.

:bowrofl: @ the tags "gaverherthebusiness trip" and "justhebusinesstip"

It's funny, because this is pretty much all because of the athletic department. The rest of UNC let athletics run unchecked, it leaked into other parts of the administration, and now they're all going down with the ship. How many people do you think are pissed at the athletics department right now.

Probably true. Their in-house trouble may prove to be the biggest problem of all. Make no mistake there are members of the faculty and academic administration that would like to see the athletic department taken down a few notches. That may not be very smart due to the money generated by sports programs; but I suspect the internal rivalry is very intense right now.

I'm still waiting on the Gio prong...

http://isportsweb.com/2012/09/17/north-carolina-football-where-in-the-world-is-gio-bernard/
And the reason that the media and the fan base should know is because this situation went from the following comments by the head coach and the what Bernard, who suffered a sprain MCL, said after Elon…
“He could have gone back in,” Fedora said. “There was no reason to put him back in, though.”
“I feel good, I feel great,” he said. “[It was] just a little precautionary kind of thing – I feel good.”
…to now, in the last two games against Wake Forest and Louisville, without Gio’s services.

Wednesday before the Lousiville game:
http://www.newsobserver.com/2012/09/15/2343168/bernard-still-out-with-injury.html
Coach Larry Fedora doesn’t publicly discuss injuries, so a timetable for the return of Bernard and Boyd – or even an official diagnoses of their injuries – hasn’t been released. Fedora this week spoke with optimism about Bernard’s status.
“Gio practiced yesterday, and said he felt fine,” Fedora said Wednesday. “So we’ll see how that goes.”

Last edited:
Interesting point you are making there Racer. Very interesting.

Back