• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

new Dead Oceans signing, Marlon Williams, covering Screamin' Jay Hawkins

Picked up some vinyl today at a record expo in town:

Black Sabbath - "Black Sabbath"
Ramones - "Ramones"
The Clash - "London Calling"
Zep - "Houses of the Holy," "Physical Graffiti" (these were the last of the studio albums I needed to have all of them), "BBC Sessions"
Faces - "Snakes and Ladders" (compilation)
Bob Dylan & The Band in Concert
DJ Shadow - "Endtroducting"
Beatles - "Sgt Peppers..."

Last edited:
What type of record player d you have? I'm in the market.

I use an audio-technica LP-60 and have been very happy with it. It's an automatic, belt-driven turn table built as an entry model. It has a pre-amp so all you need is powered speakers or a stereo with aux in.

I went about a year just playing it through my jambox which was fine, but I just bought a basic receiver and set of speakers which are worlds better than the jambox.

Ha. Grimes kills it. I'll have two of what she's having plz. One of the most original and talented writer/producers out there today. Might could use a better videographer tho.

Huh. I didn't expect that to be such a straightforward song, but I dug it all the same. "Flesh without Blood" reminded me a lot of HAIM tho.

I really wish there hadn't been any backlash against her singles last year, I think they were a lot better (and definitely more original) than this.

Back