• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Virginia Tech vs. Wake Forest Game Thread - 6:30 ESPNU

It's not an excuse. It's a statement.

Our coaching right now sucks. But VaTech has a more talented roster.. Tons of athletes and some good shooters

Part of Mannings job is to put together the best roster he can.

All of VT's production was brought in by Buzz. Bibbs was a commit to the previous coach and Buzz held him. They have 2-3 ppg that actually played for the last coach.

The situation Buzz took over in Blacksburg was significantly worse than what Jeff Bz left Manning. He's just a good coach.

We can rag on talent but there at least four players who could get a chance at the NBA.

I'm surprised no one else has questioned this statement. I'm assuming you're saying the 3 freshmen and Thomas?

All of VT's production was brought in by Buzz. Bibbs was a commit to the previous coach and Buzz held him. They have 2-3 ppg that actually played for the last coach.

The situation Buzz took over in Blacksburg was significantly worse than what Jeff Bz left Manning. He's just a good coach.

Meanwhile Mannning let multiple players that could have contributed significantly to this years team leave town and they are now excelling elsewhere.

Part of Mannings job is to put together the best roster he can.
No shit. But as awful as we were it's understandable to not come out with strong classes right away. Especially because we've historically never been a recruiting powerhouse.

I'm disappointed in DM but this roster is garbage. I do think another coach could have squeezed out a few more wins. But not many more.

If you can't play D. Your only two shooters have major deficiencies and you can't make free throws, you aren't winning many ACC games

I'm surprised no one else has questioned this statement. I'm assuming you're saying the 3 freshmen and Thomas?

Nobody questioned it because it's true. We have four nba draft picks and still suck. Manning is a loser. We need to cut ties, and learn from mistakes of riding the USS Bzaster out for four years.

Whoa. I didn't say four NBA draft picks. Just players who will get a chance. Prospects.

Nobody questioned it because it's true. We have four nba draft picks and still suck. Manning is a loser. We need to cut ties, and learn from mistakes of riding the USS Bzaster out for four years.

You want RW picking the next coach? No way.

Let's go better than 2-16 before talking about NBA chances. Jesus Christ.

If you can't play D. Your only two shooters have major deficiencies and you can't make free throws, you aren't winning many ACC games

Players can have bad nights shooting the ball, but there is no excuse for having bad nights defensively. Defense requires effort, more than anything else....because it's not glamorous, like scoring on offense. Defense is grunt work....but that's what often wins games. And it can be taught, because D1 level players should have the physical abilities to play defense.

Players can have bad nights shooting the ball, but there is no excuse for having bad nights defensively. Defense requires effort, more than anything else....because it's not glamorous, like scoring on offense. Defense is grunt work....but that's what often wins games. And it can be taught, because D1 level players should have the physical abilities to play defense.
So every team that plays bad D is poorly coached?

I get that it can be improved. But no way in hell Dinos will ever be worth a shit on D. Who can he guard?
Mitch is 4" and 30 lbs down to everyone he tries to cover..

Cory Alexander pointed out that Tech got most of the 50/50 balls, that was the case in almost all our ACC games. Manning was a player that gave great effort, we all know Childress did, not getting it out of their players though.

Look at the key possession of the game tonight - so similar and symbolic to many this season. Dribble driver beats his defender clean, the big provides good help at the rim, for no reason at all the short side wing defender collapses and gives up a wide open 3.

That's just irresponsible rotations and discipline. Not athleticism. That kind of stuff cannot happen and doesn't seem to happen very often when I watch well coached teams.

Back