• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

VT job now open - 2 and done !

I don't know how to make these any clearer to you. Any coach who sees the coach right before him not even get to coach players he recruited has to question whether making the jump to that school is worth it. Do you have a job? If you were considering going to another job where there was constant turnover, would that make you potentially cautious about making that jump?

No. I sit around my house and eat government cheese you condescending prick. Maybe if you could use smaller words and put in a picture or two I would get what you are saying. Please keep trying to help me see it your way.

ETA: And, if an AD called me and offered me $2M/year guaranteed for 4 years to coach in the best basketball conference in the country, I would abso-fucking-lutely take that job.

Last edited:
No. I sit around my house and eat government cheese you condescending prick. Maybe if you could use smaller words and put in a picture or two I would get what you are saying. Please keep trying to help me see it your way.

ETA: And, if an AD called me and offered me $2M/year guaranteed for 4 years to coach in the best basketball conference in the country, I would abso-fucking-lutely take that job.

Hey, I already said we should agree to disagree Mr. Big Internet Smack Talker.

Johnson became the third black head basketball coach fired by VT, following Frankie Allen and Ricky Stokes out the door. I suspect that no other high or mid-major school has even hired more than 2.

VT has a new Pres/Chancellor as well as a new AD. I guess they both wanted 'their guy' and that's fine but the touchy part is Johnson is a black man only 2 years on the job. Dunno how many black coaches/head coaches VT has/has had but in this day and age, this kinda move often raises eyebrows with outside watchers. Presumedly, they must feel they had a strong case for termination this soon.

Obviously, VT is a classic 'football school' but they did recently build a snazzy Miller type hoops center only with more bells and whistles. Cassel is old and the seats are very cramped/outdated....kinda akin to what Cole Fieldhouse was like. They've done some minor renovations/painting in the hallways of late but nothing major that I'm aware of.

It looks like Va Tech has an AD that is committed to winning.

Key phrase is they have a new AD. But remember when we had a fairly new AD he got rid of both Odom & Greer and 5 ACC titles went with them. Look where we are now.

Back