• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Baseball 2017-Regional Champs! On to Supers!

I don't know if you were watching, but it wasn't the pitching. It was the passed balls, overthrows to first, AND the pitching. Letting a pitcher go longer is one thing, watching a team score at will with the errors after watching the same last night made it a little unnerving.

Agree. Sorry to single out a player but our catcher has made some serious errors in both games. One was a really tough play; but today it was a simple throw. Got to clean that up!

Ran into a Tech player and his family this evening (I think it may have been the starting pitcher after watching the highlights) and I asked who won. The father and Tech player ignored me and the mother nicely said "not us" after hesitating. I smiled and asked if it was high scoring, not knowing the score, and the Tech player turned around and said "yeah, not hard to score runs in that ballpark." I didn't know how short the field was until I looked it up later so I thought he was alluding to the field turf. I asked him if the ball bounced weird on the turf and he looked at me weird and said "nah, its just like playing in a Cracker Jack box. Doesn't say much to score a bunch of runs on a peewee field."

I know I know, cool story hansel. But I thought it was worth posting. Let's let them marinate in he butthurt some more tomorrow and win the series!

Last edited:
Ran into a Tech player and his family this evening (I think it may have been the starting pitcher after watching the highlights) and I asked who won. The father and Tech player ignored me and the mother nicely said "not us" after hesitating. I smiled and asked if it was high scoring, not knowing the score, and the Tech player turned around and said "yeah, not hard to score runs in that ballpark." I didn't know how short the field was until I looked it up later so I though he was alluding to the field turf. I asked him if the ball bounced weird on the turf and he looked at me weird and said "nah, its just like playing in a Cracker Jack box. Doesn't say much to score a bunch of runs on a peewee field."

I know I know, cool story hansel. But I thought it was worth posting. Let's let them marinate in he butthurt some more tomorrow and win the series!
Man. You just kept asking questions...what an amazingly unaware thing to do

Man. You just kept asking questions...what an amazingly unaware thing to do

Didn't realize he was a player until I saw them leaving. He had his ballpants on, I couldn't see through the table homie. Way to stay on top of me though...

When you get up by a big score it would be natural to relax a bit and let pitchers go longer so as to preserve arms. Not alarming I'm thinking.
Yes. We want to save McCarren and Roberts for today in relief of our starter should this be a barn burner. That's why you run Roberts three innings and close game one which would have worked great if we hadn't booted it away

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Agree. Sorry to single out a player but our catcher has made some serious errors in both games. One was a really tough play; but today it was a simple throw. Got to clean that up!

Ben caught on Friday and Logan caught yesterday

Tech and Wake played on the same field yesterday to the best of my knowledge. Doesn't really explain the 9 run gap between 17 and 8.

Wake is averaging 8.1 RPG away from Winston, and 10.1 at home. Safe to say that we can score effectively in most ballparks.

Tech and Wake played on the same field yesterday to the best of my knowledge. Doesn't really explain the 9 run gap between 17 and 8.

Wake is averaging 8.1 RPG away from Winston, and 10.1 at home. Safe to say that we can score effectively in most ballparks.

I don't remember the Warthogs crushing the cover off of a ton of balls, and I don't think the dimensions have really changed too much on the park since we moved in.

Meh, kid is a pitcher. Pitchers always blame the small park when they give up a lot of runs.

Funny how he didn't state the piss homer his team received the day before. I guess it oly matters when you win.

Here we go again. Griffin Roberts all over the map. Now bases loaded with one out. Deacs up 4. Got a bad feeling.

I didn't understand taking McCarron out after facing one batter in the 7th.

Roberts has pitched pretty great all year I mean the blow up on Friday was Fielding issues

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Got out of it with only one run.

Roberts has been great and has dirty stuff. But he can be too wild sometimes.

Putting on base runners is just asking for trouble for a closer.

Glad he was able to work out of it there

Back