• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Baseball 2017-Regional Champs! On to Supers!

Sellers would be a very pleasant surprise if he shows up at Wake next fall.

Just wondering if he has yet to get his degree. Staying for that is a good move.

As a junior he has some leverage. A "finish college" scholarship could be negotiated into his rookie pro contract. That way he can pursue his dream of playing MLB with the assurance that there will be a scholarship to get his degree from Wake when he is done with baseball. (Or get some classes paid for during the "off season" if there is such a thing anymore.)

Man I wish the Deacs had somehow gotten through Fla to get to Omaha. That place is magical. Watching the games out there compared to Gainesville or anywhere else, well there's no comparison.

This was the best Wake team that we have had in a long time. We were good enough to not only make it to Omaha, but to be playing deep into Omaha.

Summer League Listing of some of WF's baseball players on;

Baltimore Redbirds (Ripken League):

Collin Peluse
Shane Kubrak
Christian Long

BTW, the coach is Larry Sheets, Gavin's pop.

Baltimore Dodgers (Ripken League)

Zach Seal

Loudoun Riverdogs (Ripken League)

Bobby Hearn

Chatham A's (Cape League)

John Aiello

Just looked at Chatham's roster. It is freaking huge compared to previous years.

Why would he even consider this, unless he really needs the money or hates school? If he's a solid weekend starter next year, with his stuff, he'd almost assuredly be a top 5 round guy.

Wfu has a good record of Diamond Deacs going pro and then coming back after they "retire" to finish their education.

I love this story. This one and the one of Zach Gordon were my must reads of the week.

Faedo gave up 2 hits and struck out 11 in 7 innings as Florida shutout TCU.

Yet the narrative here is that Wake players aren't clutch.. I guess TCU isn't clutch either..

Sometimes good pitching beats good hitting. It happens.

Yet the narrative here is that Wake players aren't clutch.. I guess TCU isn't clutch either..

Sometimes good pitching beats good hitting. It happens.

Here's the idea, B2B: If you believe you are the better team and believe you can win, then you have to come up with clutch hits to do it. If you aren't convinced your guys are up to the task then, yeah, pat on the back. #lowf

Oregon State is 56-4. They have not lost a game since April 29. Ridiculous.

Here's the idea, B2B: If you believe you are the better team and believe you can win, then you have to come up with clutch hits to do it. If you aren't convinced your guys are up to the task then, yeah, pat on the back. #lowf

Is just a funny narrative that we aren't up to the task. Turns out the guy is a badass. There's a reason he was a first round pick. I follow your rationale but sometimes the other guy may actually just be better.

Oregon State is 56-4. They have not lost a game since April 29. Ridiculous.

They just wear you down and the instant they smell blood, they go for the jugular. LSU never had much of a chance last night after their starter left after 3 innings to injury. However holding LSU to 1 run is saying something though as those guys can hit.

Back