• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Baseball

Wake beat UNCG (#46 RPI) at home tonight. They play at UNCG tomorrow and then host #5 FSU this weekend.

We have depth and could be a good team, but we totally fail to execute.

Games Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday this week. Pitching should be in great shape for the FSU series.

I was wrong about our offense. I really thought we were going to rake this year. Losing Yurchak hurt but we still returned a very potent offense. Mondou is now hitting sixth I believe. That is his third different slot in a week. Nobody could have predicted how bad he has been this year. 1 home run and maybe 12 rubies or so. You can go right down the order and the only player other than Craig who in my mind has met or exceeded expectations is Conway. Just a really disappointing season. Not sure why I thought this year would be any different. Not sure if Walter is misjudging the talent he recruits or he just can't recruit. The pitchers we throw out there not named Dunshee, Sellers, Craig, and sometimes Farish, Johnstone, or Loepprich. I heard there may be changes coming in the scholarship/aid battle we have been up against with other institutions. I will still be following game tracker each and every game but it is beyond discouraging. Go Deacs!

we are so bad our twitter poster just quit after the 6th inning. lol

we are so bad our twitter poster just quit after the 6th inning. lol

I noticed that as well lol. Maybe once we get down by more than 10 runs the Twitter account deems it a Slaughter rule and just stops posting.

What has attendance been like this season? Do we at least average a thousand fans? With a very popular Dash franchise competing for the dollar, I'm sure it's a tough sell for us to get butts in seats.

What has attendance been like this season? Do we at least average a thousand fans? With a very popular Dash franchise competing for the dollar, I'm sure it's a tough sell for us to get butts in seats.

A thousand? Are you kidding?

A thousand? Are you kidding?

your damn right a thousand! Probably around 4 thousand after Wellman's "estimation." I think the formula for figuring attendance is the actual amount X Pi=official attendance

Hard to understand a UNCG team using many of their low end pitchers and we still could not hit them. Team is psychologically weak, as a whole. Mercy Rule euthanasia of college baseball will hopefully be in effect for FSU series....may get really ugly.....(like UNCG wasn't)...bye-bye Tom...

Last edited:
I've wondered this for a while. For football, baseball, and our basketball programs...can we not afford to hire a sports psychologist to speak to our players/coaches?

Or is it a case of our coaches ego won't allow it?

Hard to understand a UNCG team using many of their low end pitchers and we still could hit them. Team is psychologically weak, as a whole. Mercy Rule euthanasia of college baseball will hopefully be in effect for FSU series....may get really ugly.....(like UNCG wasn't)...bye-bye Tom...

The weakness of the academic and athletic administration filters down to the coaches, and thence to the players. It's an institutional problem. Always has been, despite [very] brief flourishes of competency.

Back