• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Baseball

Come out today and support them, especially students. It was very hard sitting in a sea of blue yesterday and having to put up with clapping on our guys' 2 strike counts with 2 outs and the "TAR-----HEELS!" rally chant. Felt sorry for the team having to play "at Carolina".

There's no excuse.

I thought of some funny pranks that could be played at the game, like in the old days between colleges. How about a huge likeness of Mary Willingham out over the wall labeled "Hit the Traitor (ala hit the Durham Bull) ...and receive 4 free credits in the department of your choice....Carolina batters only". Or a sandwich board sign on the construction dirt pile saying "UNC African American Studies Majors and Grads Seating" .....:D

A sweep would be great. It will take a strong outing by Johnstone because I doubt Craig or Sellers can go today. Farish hasn't pitched in the first 2 games. The only 2 Walter might use are McCarren or Kelly but they have been roughed in weekend games. Or the Deacs could just explode and score 15 runs. Go Deacs!!

Come out today and support them, especially students. It was very hard sitting in a sea of blue yesterday and having to put up with clapping on our guys' 2 strike counts with 2 outs and the "TAR-----HEELS!" rally chant. Felt sorry for the team having to play "at Carolina".

There's no excuse.

I thought of some funny pranks that could be played at the game, like in the old days between colleges. How about a huge likeness of Mary Willingham out over the wall labeled "Hit the Traitor (ala hit the Durham Bull) ...and receive 4 free credits in the department of your choice....Carolina batters only". Or a sandwich board sign on the construction dirt pile saying "UNC African American Studies Majors and Grads Seating" .....:D

Yeah that blows. How about charging anyone in blue double or limiting admission to a certain # of seats? Unrealistic I realize.

There's no excuse.

There is, kind of. Don't run an athletic department that typically sucks; bad. I hate that we can't get HFA in our own park, but the administration has brought it on themselves.

Huge win. Season ended today we'd be in. Up to top 30 RPI and for the moment one of six teams with 10 or more conference wins

Craig was intentionally walked with 2 outs, then took 2nd on a pitch in the dirt. Fairchild then hit a laser down the LF line. Great drama at The Couch...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great to get the sweep.

Why do we not have our 1949 National runner-up team honored on the wall at the stadium? Our National championship is on there as is our ACC titles, but seems like that 1949 team deserves some acknowledgement.

Back