• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Baseball

So it took us 5 acc series to win 5 games. The last two conference series we won 5 games. Go figure lol

Craig was intentionally walked with 2 outs, then took 2nd on a pitch in the dirt. Fairchild then hit a laser down the LF line. Great drama at The Couch...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fox is a chickenshit for intentionally walking Craig in the 9th. Thrilled that we made him pay.

BC, VT, & Louisville is favorable way to end season. Just don't get swept by Louisville and win mid week games.

Probably a sound strategy. Obviously didn't work out this time.

"the book" play is probably to walk the best hitter on the other team, then pitch to a hitter who isn't as good, even with a runner on. The strategy is that Craig is not going to beat you with one swing of the bat. Didn't work this time, but might have another time. The pitch in the dirt getting him to second was also a big help for Wake.

"the book" play is probably to walk the best hitter on the other team, then pitch to a hitter who isn't as good, even with a runner on. The strategy is that Craig is not going to beat you with one swing of the bat. Didn't work this time, but might have another time. The pitch in the dirt getting him to second was also a big help for Wake.

That was soooo clutch. The ball really didn't get too far from the catcher, so a great heads-up play by someone with less-than-stellar speed.

If the season ended today, we would be the 7th seed.

BC won't be easy. They have a solid team.

Louisville is beatable. They have lost every road series.

Sweep of VT would be nice.

Now #31 in the RPI

Last edited:
BC will be tough. Play in a crummy facility, weather is a wildcard, and they have good pitching. Deacs need to keep the pressure on. Fantastic start by Johnstone today. Conway was also clutch this weekend. Gotta get App and Elon this week. Had not realized we don't play BC until the following weekend. Wonder what pitchers may be available on Wednesday.

Last edited:
After the App State and Elon games, WF takes a 9 day break for exams. Would think that will mean that WF has some additional flexibility for using its best pitchers for this week's games.

BTW, VT (WF's next ACC opponent after BC) lost 17 straight games between March 12 and April 10. Are 3-23 over their last 26 games. They have some issues. WF has a solid chance to move up in the standings over the next few weeks.

Last edited:
Dunshee should start in the last game of the week it seems. He can at least go a few innings Wednesday right?

Unfortunately, I think the exam break is coming at a really inopportune time since our guys seem to be on a roll right now. Would imagine that it can only hurt that momentum.

Unfortunately, I think the exam break is coming at a really inopportune time since our guys seem to be on a roll right now. Would imagine that it can only hurt that momentum.

I'm sure that's a massive concern. Also, just checked the ACC schedule and BC host Virginia Tech this weekend, so the Eagles should be on a huge roll by the time the Deacs arrive in a couple weeks.

particularly when there is a lot to be said for being in a groove with hitting and just being confident. Hot streaks are a real thing. Very rarely do breaks like this help when you are on a hot streak with the exception of getting you healthy when you have injury issues. We seem to be healthy at this point so imagining our guys just want to roll right into the rest of the season.

The key to this winning streak hasn't been hot hitting...........

It's been playing cleaner baseball. Less walks, HBP and errors. We keep those contained, and we can play with anybody.

The key to this winning streak hasn't been hot hitting...........

It's been playing cleaner baseball. Less walks, HBP and errors. We keep those contained, and we can play with anybody.

You nailed it, Chris. Wake swept the Heels DESPITE leaving 15 on base Saturday and 12 on base Sunday. The key to this run has been pitching and defense. Simply doesn't look like the same team I drove to see at N.C. State a couple Fridays ago.

10-7 Wake final. Wake used some weekend pitchers.

10-7 final. I doubt Walter wanted to use Sellers but Kelly and Supple struggled (again). Did what they had to do against a bad team. Let's get Elon tomorrow. Go Deacs!!

Back