• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Baseball

Wake taking care of business against an overpowered team. A sweep here would be really nice.

4 of VTs 5 conference wins have been in game one.

Our bats have woken up at the right time.

Nice reverse jinx, Rake. Maronpot and Aiello both with home runs so far tonight for Wake.
Yeah I am eating crow right now! Gotta give credit where credit is due.. Aiello looks every bit like the all American tonight. Good for him and hopefully the sign of big things to come for him and the Deacs in the postseason. Good for maronpot too. maybe I need to post more and stir up some shit to get these guys going.

That said lets see what they do against a good team next weekend vs Louisville and against the top tier pitching they will face in the ACC tournament and the regional

Good win. Dunshee has been shaky his last 2 starts but great run support in both. Great to see lots of guys contribute. Duke beat FSU which is not helpful but ND and Pitt losing, as well as GT(lost). Johnstone has been good lately, can hopefully go deep in the game. Did not have to use Craig or Sellers tonight. Go Deacs!!

Johnstone with absolutely nothing today. Out after 3.1 giving up 7, 5 earned. Deals down 7-6. Bats need to keep coming through.

This game is LOL bad.

Deacs up 9-7 in the 5th. Both teams look absolutely atrocious on defense and pitching.

Finally scoring runs and our pitching is going to hell. Maybe we can win this game giving up a run every inning.

Sellers continuing to throw batting practice. Do we have anyone who can get guys out? Everybody talks about his stuff but I don't see it. Wake does not have enough legit weekend arms to do anything. They might win this slugfest but not enough pitching depth. An NCAA bid is still within reach but the pitching/fielding deficiencies make a run unlikely.

Pitching is so bad its laughable. Down 15 to 11. Sellers comes in and gives up 2 home runs, a triple, 2 other hits and a walk. Guys for VT who never got a hit lighting us up. None of our big hitters have hit the ball yet we have 11 runs. How can pitching be this bad against a team that has not been able to really beat anyone all season? No energy, no hustle, no passion. Just watching balls fly all over the park and runners go around the bases.

Can't really blame anything other than pitching in this one.

.1, 5 hits, 6 ER, BB, 2 HR. Holy Shit. Way to choke in a game that is huge for us. The bullpen options for Walter are waddling away. Now that Sellers has imploded the last month, Craig is the only semi reliable arm left. Farish is way too wild to bring into a close game, especially with runners on. I guess they may as well try Supple or some other Frosh. Wouldn't be shocked to see Craig start tomorrow. Walter knows we need wins bad.

Last edited:
Tech about to blow it open with bases loaded and no outs in the 7th. Can't recall seeing pitching this bad. Reminds me of a 10 year old little league game. Beyond pathetic. Team seems like they couldn't care less. Announcer keeps noting what a big game it is fro WF but they just seem to get worse as the innings go by.

Most of our pitching staff sucks. Can Walter nor Hobbs recruit good high school pitchers to WFU? Or do they mess up good pitchers once they get here? Either way, we're screwed. I think Hobbs hasn't been here long, so maybe he gets a pass for awhile.

With the offense starting to roll, we could challenge for the ACC Tournament Championship and make some noise in the NCAA's. But with our pitching staff being so bad, we'll be fortunate just to get in the ACC Tournament, imo.

Back