• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Football Offseason Thread

Carney is a monster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everything looks the same as last season. Same levels of aptitude at most every position when we need some big leaps from key players.

Running game sucks still. But leaps from key players will be important but also from guys who didn't play last year. Jessie Bates is playing like a boss this spring.

Agree. Some good looking new faces at a few positions but not sure I've seen anything to really make me think we will be substantially improved.

Reactions: BDL
Improvements I see are that the easy plays are more crisp such as swing passes, bubble screens, and trap running plays. The schedule is easy. I don't think we are a bowl team with an average schedule but I think we are pushing for a bowl game with this cupcake non-com schedule.

No scoring the entire second half. Running game, save Cade Carney, looked very bad. Carney showed a lot of power and field vision, able to get through a crowd somewhat without going down easily. Kevin Harris clone. We have no breakaway threats at RB from what I see. Defenses look pretty good, at least against our offenses. For all the Hinton fans, it's too bad because I can't see him displacing Wolford at all. Kearns had a nice drive going at the end of the game but time ran out on him.

For offense, I don't know what it is, talent or system that's the problem. We do make some nice plays occasionally, but we don't sustain much. We tend to look very pedestrian out there.

So is the Spring Game worth watching or not?

No scoring the entire second half. Running game, save Cade Carney, looked very bad. Carney showed a lot of power and field vision, able to get through a crowd somewhat without going down easily. Kevin Harris clone. We have no breakaway threats at RB from what I see. Defenses look pretty good, at least against our offenses. For all the Hinton fans, it's too bad because I can't see him displacing Wolford at all. Kearns had a nice drive going at the end of the game but time ran out on him.

For offense, I don't know what it is, talent or system that's the problem. We do make some nice plays occasionally, but we don't sustain much. We tend to look very pedestrian out there.

Not much imagination on offense. We work the edges and avoid the middle. Not impressed.

Funny. I thought the running game tries to work the middle with little success and avoids the edges.

It's worth watching for the QB competition alone. Wolford made some good throws but one terrible decision. But it still outweighed Hinton's overall performance.

Back